Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the pressure on Sheff Wednesday on Monday night

Ceegull7

May 14, 2016
Listen to Inigo and the words of You Will Never Walk Alone

:clap2:
It doesn't have to be early, but a first half goal by us will unsettle them. The key to Monday is the crowd...they must stay with the team. Need big players on Monday. Rosenior a must. Wilson needs to show what the fuss is about him. Lua lua needs to feature. Plus we need lady luck on our side and a homer ref.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There is the right to play at Wembley to lose, I would rather see a structured game playing to their weaknesses than running around like headless chickens.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More worrying is we haven't scored in 3 games agsinst Wednesday .

In the first of those we didn't really try and in the third we were unlucky and then decimated.

The middle one is the concern - they parked the bus a bit and we couldn't get through or round them. That's where the crowd need to come into play tomorrow. We must believe and let the players know that.

el punal

Chris Waddle said last night Sheff Wed should have put the tie to bed,they haven't and if Brighton score first Monday night anything can happen

I thought that too. When we were down to 10 men and hanging on I expected us to lose 3-0 or 4-0. Wednesday never took advantage, so 2-0, in a strange sort of way, is a bonus for us. Might Sheffield Wednesday rue the missed opportunity? We'll soon find out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In the first of those we didn't really try and in the third we were unlucky and then decimated.

The middle one is the concern - they parked the bus a bit and we couldn't get through or round them. That's where the crowd need to come into play tomorrow. We must believe and let the players know that.
The middle one had terrible weather conditions, Kayal didn't play, and Zamora came on for 22 minutes and clutched his side for most of that - clearly the injury that he now has, as he hasn't made the squad since.

I wouldn't worry about it being too significant.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
More worrying is we haven't scored in 3 games agsinst Wednesday .

We are due a hatful then....especially if their team thinks all they have to do is turn up....

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If ,as i am sure they will "Park the Bus ",then sorry i disagree ! We need to score 3 before(pens ! )....We will help ,but to match the support generated at Middles bough and Wednesday will be not easy.Have we the players to unlock their defense ? IMO the pressure is well and truly on us !!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do we have the desire that's the question now........if our desire is there then the pressure will be on them,if our desire is not there then we will succumb to the pressure..

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So long as we score before they get can one and have at least 15mins to go we will be alright.

Through on pens I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here