Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All teams that have gone through to the round of 16 and play-offs in EL!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Let’s put our feet up, watch the next round with outside interest, and decide after that 👏
I think this is the correct response. Love the fact we are in effect skipping a round and can just sit back and see who we might end up meeting.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m going glamour all the way.

Benfica please.

Let’s just draw all the best teams for as long as we can and enjoy the ride.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So - who do we want? Now we're in the knock-out stages, I think I would rather a team we can knock-out than a 'glamour' tie.
Slavia/Sparta, should beat them and an away day in Prague. Lovely stuff.

We'd go in as favourites against: Young Boys, Shakhtar, Rangers, Freiburg, Rennes, Braga, Toulouse, Qarabag, Lens, Feyenoord. The likes of Sporting, Roma, Milan, Galatasaray, Atalanta, Leverkusen, Villarreal would be best avoided if poss!

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The other good news is that seeded teams play their home games second....so it's 7th March (away), 14th March (home)
Also means the Home games against Forest and Man City on 9th and 16th will move, although the second one not a huge surprise anyway

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I presume Im the only one who hasn’t got a clue what’s going on with all this who we could play business ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I presume Im the only one who hasn’t got a clue what’s going on with all this who we could play business ?
So now we have won the group rather than finishing second, we don't have to deal with a two-legged 'play-off' against a team that finished third in their Champions League group-- we effectively have a bye to the Europa League last 16.

We will end up playing one of the teams that prevails from those games in the round of 16 in March, IIRC.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
After getting what was probably the toughest draw in the group stage I think lady luck should draw us an 'easy' game in the last 16...our heroics would quickly be forgotten if we were stuffed in the next round.

I'd love to meet Rangers in the quarters, would be a real spectacle and I'd fancy us over two legs

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The draw is on 23rd Feb - just 13 DAYS before our first leg away tie.

Very little time to sort tickets, flights and accommodation!

I'm not complaining but will have to be on the pulse!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By the time the last 16 comes round, the teams left will read like a who's who of European football. There really won't be many crap draws from the 7 unseeded teams available.

Personally I hope we draw a side with a massive ground and ideally with home end ticket availability. So ideally one of the two Lisbon clubs or Milan or Roma.

Last edited:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’d like a team with a big stadium so as many Albion fans as possible can go. Benfica or Milan please.
The only team I’d ‘fear’ over 2 legs in that entire list is Liverpool.
By the time we play those ties we should, touch wood, have back - Enciso, Fati, Estupinan, Lamptey, Welbeck, Webster, plus I have a feeling that we will bring in at least one new player in January.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The draw is on 23rd Feb - just 13 DAYS before our first leg away tie.

Very little time to sort tickets, flights and accommodation!

I'm not complaining but will have to be on the pulse!
They kept going on about the draw being on Monday on tnt thought that sounded wrong

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So - who do we want? Now we're in the knock-out stages, I think I would rather a team we can knock-out than a 'glamour' tie.
We can probably get both if folks want somewhere nice to travel.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They kept going on about the draw being on Monday on tnt thought that sounded wrong
Had me thinking I was wrong. Probably looking to boost their viewing figures given no English or Scottish teams are involved in the play off round.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sparta Prague please god Sparta Prague. I don’t think I’d ever make it home. One of the best European cities
A mate of mine had a two week holiday, full board, open bar, karaoke, the lot, in Sparta and says it was shitehouse. Spartan, he said it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here