All New Police Officers To Have Degrees

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
This lot won't stand a chance against Millwall image.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What's wrong with this proposal is that it endorses the principle that a degree should set students on a specific road towards a specific job.

That shouldn't be what education is about.

My degree didn't set me on a particular path whereas my wife's was specific to her future career choice. I would have thought there is room for both in the education system.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's the mentions of different sorts of degrees, from what i read this is primarily about a degree in policing.

It does also mention people with other degrees who would go on a six month post-graduate course, so it's not just about 'policing' degrees. Also Lord Bracknell's point is a good one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite a clever way of making cuts to the force without having to make cuts. Cute.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Fair enough if you don't agree but that statement boils down to: people without a degree are stupid.

In my social circle at least I find that to be wildly inaccurate.
Totally agree, i know plenty of sensible, wise individuals without degrees, and some "very intelligent" individuals without a degree. Athough I am not saying there are a number of folk without degrees, that are not so smart. The gent/lady quoting "rubbish" is a little blinkered.

Sent by WEI Device

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's a mad world to be a police officer they need to have a degree this excludes millions of individuals who but for a bit of paper be perfectly suitable for the role or at least part of the role

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The Ambulance service don't recognise any qualifications if they are over 5 years old. In order to get on para course you have to do an access course even if you've got previous qualifications. Apparently this is to prove you're still able to study, no job experience taken into account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here