All Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I want to understand them (BLM). I find it funny you think I must be racist. I went on their website and I am not totally impressed. It's very corporate, they have strange communist style ideas. They seem to want to dismantle Euro/western society. There's a couple of lines about replacing traditional family units with collective tribe-like communities. Very little mention of whites or any other races for that matter. Not so inclusive. I find them ultra idealistic. De-funding the police seems to be part of the manifesto. When they achieve equality will they disband?Just because something is shoved down your throat doesn't mean a) it's good for you or b) you have to swallow it. Have you checked their literature?

Sorry, I am being a bit provocative about this, probably because I've been questioning my own attitudes. You may or may not be racist. It's too early for me to say. None of my business really. I just find your need to denigrate BLM a bit odd.

I been reading on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

I didn't realise it was an 'organization'. I hadn't heard one mention of this organization in the last few days, and none of the black people on the radio I have been listening to have mentioned them. I don't think 'BLM' and the organization are one and the same thing at all.....I thought BLM was simply a slogan and a common and clear idea. I still do.

As a matter of curiosity, I am keen on world peace now. Out of curiosity I just googled 'world peace now' and....guess what - it is an organization! https://www.worldpeacenow.org/ Why not go online, poke around, see if there is anything you can mock, then start a thread on here about how you oppose world peace....

Right, the 'official' BLM: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Well, this is a self-styled organization that has existed 4 years and came out of 'BLM' which has been around much longer as an idea and focus of protest. It did not create it nor is it 'it'.

Its main position, which I paste below, is rather aspirational, quirky in parts, but does not offend me so I'm not sure why you have got your knickers in such a twist.

"The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another."

:shrug:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Me and some top lads will be protectin a statue this weekend in case the leftys try it on again

1C2BC309-BB39-442D-8159-D99CD32F760C.jpeg

Regards
DF

D

Deleted member 2719

All lives matter.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-06-08-21-35-06.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2020-06-08-21-35-06.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 104

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
a different Klaas :lolol:
regards
DF

Here's one for you to jizz over.

[tweet]1270079014347120642[/tweet]

Some proper nawty lads 'avin a go at some peaceful protesters.

Take it easy with this one. You might break your wrist...

[tweet]1270098078721335308[/tweet]

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

#StatuesMatter

Do we need another Thread? :whistle::lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want to understand them (BLM). I find it funny you think I must be racist. I went on their website and I am not totally impressed. It's very corporate, they have strange communist style ideas. They seem to want to dismantle Euro/western society. There's a couple of lines about replacing traditional family units with collective tribe-like communities. Very little mention of whites or any other races for that matter. Not so inclusive. I find them ultra idealistic. De-funding the police seems to be part of the manifesto. When they achieve equality will they disband?Just because something is shoved down your throat doesn't mean a) it's good for you or b) you have to swallow it. Have you checked their literature?

I'll hazard a guess you have absolutely no idea what the Americans mean by 'defund the police'.

Jan 30, 2008

Perfectly understandable dont you think ???
Regards

DF

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Sorry, I am being a bit provocative about this, probably because I've been questioning my own attitudes. You may or may not be racist. It's too early for me to say. None of my business really. I just find your need to denigrate BLM a bit odd.

I been reading on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

I didn't realise it was an 'organization'. I hadn't heard one mention of this organization in the last few days, and none of the black people on the radio I have been listening to have mentioned them. I don't think 'BLM' and the organization are one and the same thing at all.....I thought BLM was simply a slogan and a common and clear idea. I still do.

As a matter of curiosity, I am keen on world peace now. Out of curiosity I just googled 'world peace now' and....guess what - it is an organization! https://www.worldpeacenow.org/ Why not go online, poke around, see if there is anything you can mock, then start a thread on here about how you oppose world peace....

Right, the 'official' BLM: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Well, this is a self-styled organization that has existed 4 years and came out of 'BLM' which has been around much longer as an idea and focus of protest. It did not create it nor is it 'it'.

Its main position, which I paste below, is rather aspirational, quirky in parts, but does not offend me so I'm not sure why you have got your knickers in such a twist.

"The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another."

:shrug:

It's not selling itself to me, too radical, too race centric. I prefer the old school idea of not seeing or highlighting colour over all things. What's the flip of Black Lives matter? The actions of a significant minority of their supporters leaves a lot to be desired. Also the thinly veiled cops bad (especially white) narrative is not constuctive. Ok the Police are far from perfect and need reform and change but some cops are doing an amazing job in
a stressful, difficult and hostile environment. The last thing they need is the populace being told that they are your enemy and fair game because systemic racism. It will not end well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely idea in theory, and a cool experiment. Go and watch the video I posted on American Police for reality

But what do you believe the idea to be?

Your follow up point suggests you don't know.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
But what do you believe the idea to be?

Your follow up point suggests you don't know.

Did you watch the video?
You need to watch it it's all in there it's 6 minutes. Nobody thinks the Police are perfect and don't need reform. You are so naive to think that removing police is going to unburden these communities and crime will evaporate. This experiment may work long term but short term? Give me break.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you watch the video?
You need to watch it it's all in there it's 6 minutes. Nobody thinks the Police are perfect and don't need reform. You are so naive to think that removing police is going to unburden these communities and crime will evaporate. This experiment may work long term but short term? Give me break.

I don't think that because that is not what the Americans mean by the term 'Defund the Police'.

We can't have the discussion if we are talking about different things, so once again I ask:-

'what do YOU think Americans mean by the phrase 'Defund the Police'.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I don't think that because that is not what the Americans mean by the term 'Defund the Police'.

We can't have the discussion if we are talking about different things, so once again I ask:-

'what do YOU think Americans mean by the phrase 'Defund the Police'.

Watch the vid or bore off. An American political commentator sums it all up in six minutes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here