Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] All kicking off in Moulsecoomb

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I came here thinking that a serious incident had occurred and preparing for the worst. But in pure NSC beauty, after the morbid concerns of the opening bars, the conversation had indeed turned to the serious matter of what constitutes Bevendean.

And, I can't spell Moulscoombe either, despite my 50 years of residency in this town.

Did I say 'town' ? 30 more pages.

NSC, I love you.

My biggest conundrum, of course, was what the difference between the 49 and the 49a was, and why they stopped running to Southwick via Underdown Road.
Maybe something to do with turning down Moulsecoombe Way & the other one going to Hodshrove Road etc? No idea actually! :lolol:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
My biggest conundrum, of course, was what the difference between the 49 and the 49a was, and why they stopped running to Southwick via Underdown Road.
The 49A went down Birdham Rd in both directions, the 49 went via Hodshrove both ways. Nowadays it’s just a 49 that enters via Birdham and exits via Hodshrove. In the late 70s there was a short lived 49C that only went to Palmeira Sq instead of Southwick

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The 49A went down Birdham Rd in both directions, the 49 went via Hodshrove both ways. Nowadays it’s just a 49 that enters via Birdham and exits via Hodshrove. In the late 70s there was a short lived 49C that only went to Palmeira Sq instead of Southwick
In the 90s there was a 49c that I believe went around bevendean and then up through moulsecoomb, it was the Falmer school bus (it didn't go through higher bevendean, because that doesn't exist :thumbsup: ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here