Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Inclusive Holidays

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
A few friends and i. well 3 or 4 of us, are looking to book a cheap all inclusive holiday to somewhere in the sun and would like to know if anyone has got any ideas of where the best places to look are, thomson and thomas cook all look to be far more expensive than teletext holidays.

Also is there any hotel in particular that you have stayed at that will be good for 4 mid/early 20's lads to stay in?

Any help would be great.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A few friends and i. well 3 or 4 of us, are looking to book a cheap all inclusive holiday to somewhere in the sun and would like to know if anyone has got any ideas of where the best places to look are, thomson and thomas cook all look to be far more expensive than teletext holidays.

Also is there any hotel in particular that you have stayed at that will be good for 4 mid/early 20's lads to stay in?

Any help would be great.

Depends what you're after really - the Ibiza type of experience or a relaxing holiday ? If it's the later then both Cape Verde and Egypt are worth looking at as they are cheaper due to the shorter flight. Both have decent water sports and weather but a pulling holiday it isn't.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Also depends on when you want to go. I got a dirt cheap all inclusive deal to the Algarve in February. It was still hot and sunny every day, just not peak tourist season. Worked for me.

How far afield are you looking?

The Caribbean is loaded with all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Cuba, Bermuda, Trinidad etc. But you'd probably find a much cheaper deal in Greece, Portugal, Spain or Cyprus.

With all inclusives you're obviously not looking at what things cost because you'll not be paying for anything, with any luck, so there's not necessarily so much need to go further afield to some place dirt cheap (like Cuba). BUT one thing I would say is worth considering is the quality of the food on offer. As long as you're not too fussy on booze you'll not have to worry about it (there'll always be some passable local lager on offer) but food is a different story. In the aforementioned Algarve resort I visited the food on offer was absolutely terrible. They had one small cafeteria which served a help yourself buffet of utter shit which after the third day we could no longer face and gave up on. However at a Sandals resort in Veradero, Cuba, I enjoyed everything they had on offer. It may not have been haute cuisine at every meal but there were a number of different restaurants to choose from and the quality was certainly more than satisfactory.

Essentially you do get what you pay for, but try and consider whether you'd still be able to afford eating out if you do plump for the cheaper resorts, because you may find you can't stomach the food on offer for more than 3 or 4 days.

Oh, and I'm assuming from your post you've got no women to worry about (which can only be a good thing). A couple of Crawley birds we met on our Algarve trip were so fussy about what they drank that they wouldn't imbibe anything free from the bar at our all inclusive resort and instead kept paying for brand name spirits which completely defeated the object of the place if you ask me. Whilst us lads were happy to down free Sagres and Sangria by the gallon, these broads were forking out for every round. Mental.

Little Rev: Logan me and some mates (we are 17-19) are looking to go away next year for the summer and we have had quotes for this year. There is an all-inclusive hotel/apartments in Malia, Crete. Which is all inclusive and is a three star hotel. Golden sands, near the beach and town centre - be good for going out at night. And this you can get for £379 per person which is an unbelievable price (its the price for most self catering) - Hope this helps you alot. Falairaki, Zante and Magaluf are also worth having a look at !!

Oh and forgot to mention if you want this deal your going to have to book through 'Olympic Holidays' !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here