Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Want the easiest possible draw. The further we get, the more momentous the occasions become.

Qarabag L16
Sparta Prague QF
Galatasaray SF
AC Milan F

What dreams are made of
Hoped I’d never have to see Zaha on a football pitch again. To see him line up against us in a EL semi final and potentially wreck our most wildest dreams is too much to bear.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I reckon if you buy an early morning Eurostar to Lille or Brussels for the morning of March 7, there is a 7/16 chance of being able to get a connection to the match, wherever it is. Possibly 8/16 if it’s possible to get to the Wankdorf in a day from Lille.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I reckon if you buy an early morning Eurostar to Lille or Brussels for the morning of March 7, there is a 7/16 chance of being able to get a connection to the match, wherever it is. Possibly 8/16 if it’s possible to get to the Wankdorf in a day from Lille.

Although you’re cutting it dangerously fine with Hamburg or Freiburg. You could get an onward flight from BXL to any number of places I suppose. This is all a bit Simon Calder, sorry.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
If you can't find the idea that we might be playing Young Boys at the Wankdorf Stadium slightly amusing then I'm sorry for you...
I get the joke. I got the joke the first time, the second time….the 500th time. I'm greatly looking forward to the merriment on the 1000th reference.

Why else would I have taken this snap when watching Swiss TV during lockdown?
1702676533915.png

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Prague, Portugal or Shakter in Hamburg would be the favoured options my end.

Qarabag really would be something but cost could be an issue.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shakhtar Donetsk in the next round
Benfica in the Quarter Final
Roma in the Semi Final
AC Milan in the Final

Easy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Purely from a footballing point of view AC Milan.
Not in the last 16. I think we now realise that the Europa League is not a jolly but a serious challenge. I'd rather have the biggest names when we can no longer avoid them.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not in the last 16. I think we now realise that the Europa League is not a jolly but a serious challenge. I'd rather have the biggest names when we can no longer avoid them.
Been to lots of Italy but never Milan, anyone been there with tips as to what to see?

AC Milan/Inter Milan were always in the finals of European Cup competitions when I were a lad, has Italian football regressed or has everyone else got better?

Dec 29, 2011
Just want to go as far in this tournament as possible.. we've been spoilt so far. Preference would be for a winnable last 16 double-header of:
Shaktar (Hamburg/incredible),
Braga (unique stadium/warm)
Young Boys (Alpine wonderland, mortgage renewal/bankruptcy and lots of toblerone)
Rennes (easy to get to, lovely and very winnable)
Lens (same as above maybe less exciting)
Freiburg (hadn't considered this but looks ace also)

Then onto Quarters it's Portugal, Spain or Rome please please please.
Shorts/t-shirts, ice-cold ales in the sun Athens style.

Worst outcomes:
Galatasaray (a grim experience by all accounts + Zaha)
Qarabağ (just refreshed my geography and looked at a world map... this has got to be one of the most dangerous locations in the world!.. a stones throw from the Ukraine front line, a chair-luzz distance from Gaza, bordering Russia and Iran FFS)
Marseille again (just a big fat NO)
Qarabag is nowhere near Ukraine, and over 100 miles from Iran or Russia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Qarabağ (just refreshed my geography and looked at a world map... this has got to be one of the most dangerous locations in the world!.. a stones throw from the Ukraine front line, a chair-luzz distance from Gaza, bordering Russia and Iran FFS)
:facepalm:

What is it with scare-mongering?

Marseille was supposed to be the most dangerous place on earth. Then Amsterdam, then Athens……

It will be fine.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We’ve already played 3 of the biggest names.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Want the easiest possible draw. The further we get, the more momentous the occasions become.
Little club mentality again.

We're Brighton.
We're top 10 in the EPL
We've just won, WON, the 'Group of Death'.

and you want an 'easy' draw because you think we're a little club who can't mix it with the big teams.

WE ARE THE F##KING BIG TEAM.

Us and Liverpool, guess what - we own them as well (although that's clearly a temporary thing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here