Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Braga would do me. Nice country to visit, interesting stadium, winnable tie. Will get the biggest venues at some point if we can keep progressing.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
300 tickets and a week to sort travel and hotel.

BIIIIINFEEEEEST!
They play in a 30k+ stadium for Europa games. We would probably get as many tickets as we wanted but travel would be the difficult part.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Qarabağ (just refreshed my geography and looked at a world map... this has got to be one of the most dangerous locations in the world!.. a stones throw from the Ukraine front line, a chair-luzz distance from Gaza, bordering Russia and Iran FFS)
Nah. Short hop from Turkey and they have a GRAND PRIX every year.

I reckon it'd be fun but I'm the sort of looney who really liked Romania and Bosnia (not during the war).

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Nah. Short hop from Turkey and they have a GRAND PRIX every year.

I reckon it'd be fun but I'm the sort of looney who really liked Romania and Bosnia (not during the war).
Yes... I was thinking about the flight path in looked quite interesting. Agree – anywhere new is exciting, although the Grand Prix crowd is slightly different to your usual footie ultra lot (to state the obvious).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
AC Milan is the obvious glamour tie

Toulouse might be a good balance of beatable and good trip?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just want to go as far in this tournament as possible.. we've been spoilt so far. Preference would be for a winnable last 16 double-header of:
Shaktar (Hamburg/incredible),
Braga (unique stadium/warm)
Young Boys (Alpine wonderland, mortgage renewal/bankruptcy and lots of toblerone)
Rennes (easy to get to, lovely and very winnable)
Lens (same as above maybe less exciting)
Freiburg (hadn't considered this but looks ace also)

Then onto Quarters it's Portugal, Spain or Rome please please please.
Shorts/t-shirts, ice-cold ales in the sun Athens style.

Worst outcomes:
Galatasaray (a grim experience by all accounts + Zaha)
Qarabağ (just refreshed my geography and looked at a world map... this has got to be one of the most dangerous locations in the world!.. a stones throw from the Ukraine front line, a chair-luzz distance from Gaza, bordering Russia and Iran FFS)
Marseille again (just a big fat NO)
Azerbaijan felt really safe when I was there and nowhere near being a dangerous place - it’s f’ing miles from Ukraine and Gaza. Only slight issue is the Armenia issue but they ain’t strong enough to fight the Azeris And the border is miles from Baku. Lots of great restaurants and you can drink. There are loads of expats out there as BP gets most of its oil from the Caspian.
I think the European games are played in national stadium so 60k

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Freiburg. Great city, great fans. Was so looking forward to the possibility of Union Berlin but they finished last :(
Freiburg is lovely. We had a holiday in the Black Forest, and went to Freiburg a couple of times whilst there.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Azerbaijan felt really safe when I was there and nowhere near being a dangerous place - it’s f’ing miles from Ukraine and Gaza. Only slight issue is the Armenia issue but they ain’t strong enough to fight the Azeris And the border is miles from Baku. Lots of great restaurants and you can drink. There are loads of expats out there as BP gets most of its oil from the Caspian.
I think the European games are played in national stadium so 60k
Never been but fair enough, sounds good. Trouble is there are so few travel options. Fly or nothing so flights will get very pricey very quickly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Definitely Shakhtar, because:

1. Hamburg.
2. De Zerbi.
3. Tickets.
4. Winnable.
5. If we lose we've helped bring some joy and money to the place. God knows they need it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definitely Shakhtar, because:

1. Hamburg.
2. De Zerbi.
3. Tickets.
4. Winnable.
5. If we lose we've helped bring some joy and money to the place. God knows they need it.
Actually it has to be this doesn't it? We'd surely be given as many tickets as we wanted. You do wonder how many would travel...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here