Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All 102 issues of Gulls Eye for a FIVER ?? Don't mind if I do.

Jul 7, 2003
Used to get the advance copies of Gulls Eye on a Friday evening - one advantage of being a regular in Chapmans all those years ago. Would love to read them all again.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've got them all apart from issue 100 - it had sold out by the time I got to the Donny game.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Wow what a bargain. The icing on the cake would have been a mint condition Johnny Crumplin Football Genius T-shirt signed by Billy and Lenny!

I have a signed football from that period with the prized signature of course being that of big bad Bobby Codner. It's no there with my cricket bat signed by Sussex legend Giles Cheatle :(

How much do you want for that ball?
Robert Codner was a legend.
Scored the best goal I've ever seen at Blackpool away, when he half volleyed a 35 yarder like a bullet into the top corner in a 2-2 draw. I went mental!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] plan to put them onto his magnificent Albion programme website at one point?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I absolutely did a double-take when I saw the entire collection sat there for a fiver. I'd have happily paid £20.
Its all been sorted chronologically, and they're all in perfect nick, not even dog-eared. Its actually pretty amazing to see how it went from a very basic couple of rough photocopied sheets in 1988 (the first two are only 2 folded sheets of A4, 20p) to the 100th issue in April 1997, which by then had long had a glossed front and back cover, 30 pages, at an "eye-watering" 70p. They looked far more professional in the later years, but the writing was always still as raw, sharp and hilarious.

It came to a sad but natural end with the Goldstone in 1997, but that pretty much would have coincided with the advent of the internet and of course this very fine site, where suddenly views could be instantly expressed, broadcasted and replied to. But leafing through these old Gulls Eye pages, and reading the letters written, published and responded to by the GE team, its impossible not to get wistful for that pre-online age of fanzines, when that really was the ONLY channel for fans to express themselves about the goings on at the club, without censorship.

This is seriously the best five quid I've ever spent.

A Yes,good hit...I saw it there and pondered on buying it...but then thought I've got boxes of programmes,fanzines,books...do I need to add to that lot...glad it want to a good home though.
As regards the Museum, there is a photo of one of my grandfathers in the first Albion team ever,he played mostly for Brighton United but went to Albion when it was formed,he only played a few times for them ,but it was the start of our families association with BHA.
I also have a painting in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here