Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Good players don’t generally need to long to settle
They are very adaptable and have technical ability
that goes everywhere with them...he’s no good

So Mbappe would do well if he got sold to Rayo Vallecano (a team fighting relegation in La Liga), got injured, then went to play with France at the Euros, then most importantly came back and got played out of position as a defensive midfielder?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
So far he’s not done anything to make me think he is worth that kind of money.
Hoping for better to come and soon!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Played well I thought. Has been poor in some other games. Some of the responses baffle me. Seems some people make up their mind on a player and stick with it regardless.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There’s no doubt aj has been a disappointment but What gives me confidence is his touch and technique. Both very good.
His failings - ponderous, too slow, weak - could be improved if he wants it enough in pre season.
It’s too soon to write him off.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
21 in 33, even in the Dutch league is quite impressive. I’d like to know how his team set up to enable a winger to be their league top scorer. There must be something lurking there to tap into - Hughton just needs to find how to bring it out. I fear that the system CH plays isn’t conducive to getting the best out of him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Wow. I saw that as just a hopeful flick as he didn't know what to do. Montoya was never going to be overlapping making 30 yards up there. AJ panicked.

Don't think it was panic - he gestured to Montoya as if to say 'you should have been overlapping' - so I think it was intended. When/if they get a Bruno/Knock type understanding I think it will begin to click more.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I stand by what I have said in the past ... Ali J is a right sided player and is 10x better when on the right. He looks like a fish out of water on the left but I guess Knocky has seniority or CH is insistent on the 'inverse' wingers which does not suit Ali J.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
There’s no doubt aj has been a disappointment but What gives me confidence is his touch and technique. Both very good.
His failings - ponderous, too slow, weak - could be improved if he wants it enough in pre season.
It’s too soon to write him off.

This in a nutshell. My fear is that our team with what we've got needs someone with pace or power in this position. He's not threatening enough for what we need right now in a struggling team. Me and a mate were saying he'd look better in a Watford or Wolves team.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
So Mbappe would do well if he got sold to Rayo Vallecano (a team fighting relegation in La Liga), got injured, then went to play with France at the Euros, then most importantly came back and got played out of position as a defensive midfielder?

What does he actually do to affect a game
He’s very limited just honestly look at the evidence

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Thought he was our worst player by far to be honest, but that doesn't mean he was dreadful by any means. I don't really feel like giving any of them a kicking on here tonight.

My thoughts are similar to yours, I didn’t think he had a dreadful game but I thought he was our least effective player on the pitch. And same as you, no player deserves any stick from yesterday’s game.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Really is that right? What about the golden boys of England? Great for their clubs but absolutely pony for the national team?

I think there is a bandwagon as usual and people are too happy to jump on it.

Spanish Dave anyone? Completely written of then he was a hero.

Not really jumping on the bandwagon
Jahanbakhsk stats
14 apps 7 off the bench
0 goals
0 assists
Facts in front of you,not much more to say
Is that satisfactory for a considerable investment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much better yesterday, he deserves and will get more time, still not 100% convinced but what do I know

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It isn’t fair to judge a player coming from a foreign league to the Premier League until their second season. For some reason lots of them seem to take a year to adjust. Some do it quicker, but not all. Judge him this time next season, not now.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My thoughts are similar to yours, I didn’t think he had a dreadful game but I thought he was our least effective player on the pitch. And same as you, no player deserves any stick from yesterday’s game.

This. Nobody gave him stick yesterday, and he did okay. But for what we paid, you want goals and assists, not 'okay' or 'not dreadful'. As per usual he kept giving the ball away. And the one chance to do something game-changing - ie fall over clutching his face - the chance came and went. Ah well.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
This. Nobody gave him stick yesterday, and he did okay. But for what we paid, you want goals and assists, not 'okay' or 'not dreadful'. As per usual he kept giving the ball away. And the one chance to do something game-changing - ie fall over clutching his face - the chance came and went. Ah well.

Thank you for that.Im glad it’s just me
At least some assists some people still defending him
despite looking at the stats

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
It isn’t fair to judge a player coming from a foreign league to the Premier League until their second season. For some reason lots of them seem to take a year to adjust. Some do it quicker, but not all. Judge him this time next season, not now.

That is exactly the sort of tosh I’m on about

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
In fairness to AJ, he loses the ball no more than Bissouma who also hasn't really shown us what he's about. Yet the majority of people on here rave about him. Funny ole game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here