Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he's obviously got talent but he's not got the minerals to play the role that's being asked of him , a good player but a bit on the soft side , he really should play the season out to the best of his ability and perhaps harden up a bit , he is getting paid double in a week what a lot of Amex faithful earn in a year and so far has done **** all to justify it ...harsh but true.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The first few years of this, are likely to be a bit hairy

I wasn't expecting this though :eek: hairy.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sebastien Haller had a fabulous record in the Eredivisie for three years. West Ham eventually paid £45m to Frankfurt for him 18m ago. Now heading to Ajax for just £20m. It shows the risk of spending big, big money on strikers who did well in the Dutch league. We aren't the only club to fall foul of this trap.

BrookersLeftFoot

Jan 4, 2020
Would be great to cash in on this stat:

[tweet]1349743072796504065[/tweet]

Sadly chance creation doesn't mean much if the chances aren't used.

Maybe someone in the eredivisie remembers that he topped both their assist and goal stats two years ago and would take him on. Wage bill at BHA needs reducing and Ali's departure could go a long way.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey

Maybe someone in the eredivisie remembers that he topped both their assist and goal stats two years ago and would take him on. Wage bill at BHA needs reducing and Ali's departure could go a long way.

Haha chance creation doesn’t mean much if they aren’t used you’re absolutely right - and that’s not Ali’s fault one bit. Every team needs players to create chances and needs players who can finishing them. Ali factually does one of those things better than anyone in the Prem and yet there’s ppl who still have it in them to say he’s not prem quality or that it’s open for debate. Absolute mockery of a statement.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018

I think what's becoming clear is that the partnership isn't working. Increasing evidence that AJ is objectively doing well, like in the link above, and I bet a lot of fellow fans would have different opinions of him if his teammates were more skilled in finishing and he had 5 assists so far from his work. Poor finishing is a BHA-wide phenomenon, and impacts wingers' stats harder than others. People get upset over "that header" that he didn't score but don't realize everyone else on the team is missing "those chances" constantly and he is the one often setting them up for it. One could make a lot of "but, ifs" including how he'd have a much easier time with space if there was even a half-dangerous forward who would draw more attention and be able to finish the chances he creates. But, at the end of the day, the partnership is not going well, and I think it's time to separate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. Wasn't there one **** at Spurs a few years ago that sat around and did Fall for 4 years because he was well paid and on a good long contract?

It was Chelsea. Winston Bogarde. He is remembered because he's an exception to the rule.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Haha chance creation doesn’t mean much if they aren’t used you’re absolutely right - and that’s not Ali’s fault one bit. Every team needs players to create chances and needs players who can finishing them. Ali factually does one of those things better than anyone in the Prem and yet there’s ppl who still have it in them to say he’s not prem quality or that it’s open for debate. Absolute mockery of a statement.

I look forward to us recouping our fee when another Prem club buys him then.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Persian, we know you’re more an Ali J supporter than an Albion one. Fair enough too.

I was a huge supporter of AJs, no one has wanted him to succeed here more than me (you can go back through the thread and see me defending him on numerous occasions against his critics here). But he’s had a lot of chances now and in recent times when selected has been anonymous. Percy Tau and even young Khadra have looked electric in their recent cameos.

So for me, sadly, I think he’s had his chances now. There was a time when he wasn’t getting a look in the team at all, and that was wrong.. but he’s had chances this season. And aside from Preston in the cup, hasn’t really delivered.

Surely even if you rate him, you’d agree he hasn’t really performed when selected this season?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If I was an Iranian Ali J fan i'd be very much hoping he gets a move to another Premier League club and he comes back to ram our lack of faith in him down our throats

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If I was an Iranian Ali J fan i'd be very much hoping he gets a move to another Premier League club and he comes back to ram our lack of faith in him down our throats

They could hope as much as they want, it’s never going to happen. He just isn’t good enough.

For the money spent, he has been a huge mistake. Pound for pound the worst signing we’ve ever made, and I include Locadia in that.

Needs to be packed off to a lower league ASAP for everyone’s sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here