[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattigil

Jan 10, 2020
Maybe the clamour for him to play will die down again now. For a club record signing, simply not good enough at this level.

Lmao, imagine signing an attacking player, top player in his league, to play at wing back, knock his confidence and then play him for a few mins here and there and hoping he'd be Ronaldo [emoji23]

I'm not sure if you watched his game today but he created the best chance for the team, had a shot on target and won the ball a lot more times than the other two attackers in the team, yet gets blamed for the loss [emoji2359]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He is not the scapegoat for a poor performance vs a good side

Got himself in good positions at the start and looked a threat, good, shot, well saved, another good position, but slipped in the quagmire. Fantastic little pass to Welbeck, who should have finished.

There are several players on the pitch playing a lot worse

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He is not the scapegoat for a poor performance vs a good side

Got himself in good positions at the start and looked a threat, good, shot, well saved, another good position, but slipped in the quagmire. Fantastic little pass to Welbeck, who should have finished.

There are several players on the pitch playing a lot worse

This.

AJ was fine today. The whole team bar Velts was gash.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Lovely guy and desperately want him to do well but can’t help thinking he’s never quite going to be good enough to be a regular premier league performer.

Seems like a top, top bloke, see Potter talking in his ear when he took him off and AJ was tapping him on the back to say its ok!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Lmao, imagine signing an attacking player, top player in his league, to play at wing back, knock his confidence and then play him for a few mins here and there and hoping he'd be Ronaldo [emoji23]

I'm not sure if you watched his game today but he created the best chance for the team, had a shot on target and won the ball a lot more times than the other two attackers in the team, yet gets blamed for the loss [emoji2359]

I’m not blaming him for the loss. But he’s one of our most expensive signings and highest earners and he isn’t good enough to consistently get in a poor team. Not necessarily his fault - he seems like a good guy but to succeed in the prem as a front 5 player you either need pace or true class and he has neither. He cost more than Leicester paid for Maddison. That’s what good recruitment looks like - you need your big signings to improve your team - that’s how you get better.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
He did look very promising first 15 mins.... and then he disappeared. Which is his way it seems. A mostly anonymous player. Sadly, time to move him back to Holland where he may shine again.

And what do you suppose we do with other players today that did not shine for even 15 minutes today?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

There’s clearly talent there and a great attitude but there’s just too much missing for him to make it consistently in the premier league.

I just always feel he’ll be a nearly man for us and not quite good enough for this level. Not quite quick enough, not quite strong enough, not quite good enough at shooting, crossing and passing, not quite good enough at dribbling, not quite good enough at defending, not quite consistent enough. He’s ok at all those things, almost there, and every now and then will produce something but nowhere near often enough and at his age and with his experience now, I don’t think that will improve.

Having now watched a fair bit of him in two and a bit seasons, I just don’t think he’ll ever quite make it. Shame.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've already got a better inconsistent wide man in Trossard. AJ does not make us a better team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Harsh, he was no worse than numerous others this evening.

In fact, our best opportunity was due to his fantastic weighted pass to Welbeck.

Anything - anything - we can recoup for him in January would be good business. PL player? - sorry, not in a million years. Damage limitation now - what can we get for him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m not blaming him for the loss. But he’s one of our most expensive signings and highest earners and he isn’t good enough to consistently get in a poor team. Not necessarily his fault - he seems like a good guy but to succeed in the prem as a front 5 player you either need pace or true class and he has neither. He cost more than Leicester paid for Maddison. That’s what good recruitment looks like - you need your big signings to improve your team - that’s how you get better.

Maddison cost £22.5 million !

We've never paid that for a player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports