[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you want condescending stick around fella, cos now the gloves are coming off.

Well, you don't need pace or strength to do that, you need technique. So he displayed the one thing I always said he had, and fair play to him.

Look, I'm delighted for him. Put yourself in his shoes over the last couple of years and he's gone from being tracked on a private plane in a frenzy of excitement to being derided as the biggest waste of money since someone put a three figure on the Bears to win the Superbowl. The truth is probably somewhere inbetween. He has limitiations but right now his confidence has changed, his luck has changed and he has a coach who knows how to use him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's done a LOT of gym work too.

On the coaching, there was a moment where I was watching Potter (I have a good view, WSU behind the home dugout) gesticulating madly to Ali J. He was dropping back on one of their throws near the halfway line. Potter was urging him back UP the pitch - i.e. in to an attacking space. Which is, incidentally, where Mooy would have gone naturally. But there's probably something in that "just needs a coach who uses him properly" after all. .

Right now it's like having a new player and the lad himself must be made up. If we can make the most of that then it's win/win. Just don't expect him to start outpacing fullbacks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, you don't need pace or strength to do that, you need technique. So he displayed the one thing I always said he had, and fair play to him.

Look, I'm delighted for him. Put yourself in his shoes over the last couple of years and he's gone from being tracked on a private plane in a frenzy of excitement to being derided as the biggest waste of money since someone put a three figure on the Bears to win the Superbowl. The truth is probably somewhere inbetween. He has limitiations but right now his confidence has changed, his luck has changed and he has a coach who knows how to use him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's done a LOT of gym work too.

On the coaching, there was a moment where I was watching Potter (I have a good view, WSU behind the home dugout) gesticulating madly to Ali J. He was dropping back on one of their throws near the halfway line. Potter was urging him back UP the pitch - i.e. in to an attacking space. Which is, incidentally, where Mooy would have gone naturally. But there's probably somehting in that "just needs a coach who uses him properly" after all. .

Right now it's like having a new player and the lad himself must be made up. If we can make the most of that then it's win/win. Just don't expect him to start outpacing fullbacks
You'll be pleased to know I've rather blown myself out now.

Oh to be young again. :lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can’t remember agreement that Locadia was the real PL deal. The highlight of his career, away at lowly Millwall in the FAC. Rightly identified throughout as cumbersome, slow and inept, although a trier.

Locadia goals - winners or equalisers got is 4 points last season, so his highlight was a bit more than the FAC against Millwall

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've hit upon a fantastic game.

Pick a page and read through, it's very fudging funny.

For those of you 40 posts a page, I'm currently in the mid 130's at the tail end of last season.

There isn't a trampoline big enough for all the :bounce:s

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

For those of you 40 posts a page, I'm currently in the mid 130's at the tail end of last season.

Happy if you bounce mine. As far as I recall I was always an Ali J man :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy if you bounce mine. As far as I recall I was always an Ali J man :thumbsup:
It's tough to look beyond the Mods, at the moment.

I'm finding my level of consistency somewhat surprising, I'm sure I'll drop a goolie soon. :lol:

The welcoming of the possibility of me & [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] saying 'I told you so' doesn't seem to have been adhered too. :lol:

(Even then I backed out if it, steadfastly remaining Switzerland, which I guess is still #TeamAli in the face of overwhelming pressure).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:whistle:

Like Fergie did with Cole when he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo for 20 odd games? You should go into football coaching, or motivational speaking. You'd certainly drive the suicide rate up.

Anyone else want to have a cheap laugh at our shit Iranian tonight? Nobody has mentioned Ramadan yet. Go on, you know you want to.

Pathetic, and shameful, the lot of you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Please do bounce my posts. Always on his side[emoji106]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well...when he came on, the last 15 minutes looked like only one winner.....even trossard got his shit together.

Brilliant goal and one of the best goals I have ever seen a Brighton player score.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well...when he came on, the last 15 minutes looked like only one winner.....even trossard got his shit together.

Brilliant goal and one of the best goals I have ever seen a Brighton player score.

There's magic in Trossard's boots. I can't wait for him to start showing it more consistently.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was trying to do some multiquotes but buggered it up. This was me getting shirty with someone I later put on ignore. The 'shit' bit is irony. Looking forward to old spency responding with 'nobody cares what you think'....

Like Fergie did with Cole when he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo for 20 odd games? You should go into football coaching, or motivational speaking. You'd certainly drive the suicide rate up.

Anyone else want to have a cheap laugh at our shit Iranian tonight? Nobody has mentioned Ramadan yet. Go on, you know you want to.

Pathetic, and shameful, the lot of you.

This from May last year was a good shout.

Next season he'll be played to his strengths and you'll see a totally different player.

The bias toward playing Knockaert where he wants to be will be over, and rightly so. Wondergoal at Palace aside, Knockaert's had another unproductive season and the time to flog him to a Championship club is upon us. That's his level, that's where he's happy - let's sell, bank the profit and invest in a player of Premier League quality to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports