Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be fair, I'd probably have a heatmap like that if I played in the Dutch league. Even in a pair of Dunlop Greenflash.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Jahanbakhsh.........I expected more from myself.

'I expected more from myself: Brighton winger Jahanbakhsh on his first season in England'

Jahanbakhsh now has a rare summer off with no international commitments and he said: "Now is a good time to have some time off, refresh my mind and come back in good shape for pre-season."

That's alright then, now we know :wozza:

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...khsh-on-his-first-season-in-england-1-8928569

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I still think there’s a good player in him somewhere. Hopefully a new manager can get the best out of him.

I don’t think I saw him beat a player all season, which was a bit concerning.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He has been bobbins, but i wouldn't write him off completely. I would hope he has the right mindset, working heavily on his fitness and mobility, and calculating how to find space to use the skills he has. He's not a winger, but if he roamed a tad he could be that hard-thwacking wide midfielder who shoots from distance for fun. I just hope he uses this summer not as a time of rest, but to make himself a blistering thunderconker rather than a one-footed plodder.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What if he had you doing dental work becuase he'd seen your physio clinics and knew you were sending people away injured because you'd qualified at a third rate college and only ever practiced on people who'd spent all day sitting down......

I'd be bloody grateful they were working for a football club and not the NHS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Said it before but.........

He was awful, slow in every respect, including thought....

But, he came from the World Cup, with only a small break, had to integrate into a new team, including upping fitness levels that were not fit for PL(his teammates would have been at a higher level), then had to pick up the speed and skill level of the PL when he got a start, (far higher level than the Dutch league), then picked up an injury, then had the Asian cup, then came back was poor and started to lose confidence, before doing okay against City.

So not written off for me, but needs a good injury free pre-season and a positive start, otherwise I think he should be offloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Said it before but.........

He was awful, slow in every respect, including thought....

But, he came from the World Cup, with only a small break, had to integrate into a new team, including upping fitness levels that were not fit for PL(his teammates would have been at a higher level), then had to pick up the speed and skill level of the PL when he got a start, (far higher level than the Dutch league), then picked up an injury, then had the Asian cup, then came back was poor and started to lose confidence, before doing okay against City.

So not written off for me, but needs a good injury free pre-season and a positive start, otherwise I think he should be offloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly all of that and more really doesnt cut it with some perfectionists on here.

I can sense many are already itching to say 'I told you so', if he hasnt scored 5 goals by September.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, still Team AJ and Locadia here and I’ll stay in it until I’ve seen us play in a style that let’s forward and midfield players shine. We bought forwards not defenders, let’s have a glimpse of them playing as forwards before we write them off.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Sorry, still Team AJ and Locadia here and I’ll stay in it until I’ve seen us play in a style that let’s forward and midfield players shine. We bought forwards not defenders, let’s have a glimpse of them playing as forwards before we write them off.

I agree entirely with this - I think we'll start to see the best of both of these players next season. It takes a year or so for players to get acclimatised if they've come from a lower league. Playing with a little more freedom and in the right position for each of them under a new manager should help both. If it doesn't I'll throw my hands up and admit I'm wrong but I think both should be given the chance and not judged just on this last difficult season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree entirely with this - I think we'll start to see the best of both of these players next season. It takes a year or so for players to get acclimatised if they've come from a lower league. Playing with a little more freedom and in the right position for each of them under a new manager should help both. If it doesn't I'll throw my hands up and admit I'm wrong but I think both should be given the chance and not judged just on this last difficult season.

The only forward who has flourished under Premier League CH, Murray apart, is Solly and he has only recently started to look like the player I knew he should be, and has been with us for years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only forward who has flourished under Premier League CH, Murray apart, is Solly and he has only recently started to look like the player I knew he should be

And how many posters have written words to the effect of:-

'full back in the making'.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And how many posters have written words to the effect of:-

'full back in the making'.

In fairness, I had written him off before the season started but he now looks a good back up full back AND a good winger

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Heat maps for any winger cf. Leroy Sane, Albrighton show like the BHA heat map. As expected in the EPL.

The only thing good about ARJ shown so far is his willingness to run around a bit. Plays at best like Solly March two or three years ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

It’s going to be a Summer of opening up this thread every time it’s posted to, only to discover he’s still not been sold/loaned out.

Apologies to anyone I’ve just inflicted that same disappointment on...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s going to be a Summer if opening up this thread every time it’s posted to, only to discover he’s still not been sold/loaned out.

Apologies to anyone I’ve just inflicted that same disappointment on...

*sobs in to a pillow*

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The only forward who has flourished under Premier League CH, Murray apart, is Solly and he has only recently started to look like the player I knew he should be, and has been with us for years.

Solly? flouriished? do you really think so? Flattered to deceive is more the way l've seen it. Yes he has done ok at times, but there have been an equal number of games where his head seems to have dropped and he has gone missing.

I've always liked him in the Championship though, and hoping next season we will see more consistency from him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Solly? flouriished? do you really think so? Flattered to deceive is more the way l've seen it. Yes he has done ok at times, but there have been an equal number of games where his head seems to have dropped and he has gone missing.

I've always liked him in the Championship though, and hoping next season we will see more consistency from him.

Given that he was primarily a back up full back, yes. Our most potent threat going forward, which seeing as he seldom had any support when he did break he has been our stand out attacker, Murray apart, imo

Forwards, again Murray apart, were totally ****ed playing in the Albion team this season. No support, no belief and what looked like no training at attacking at all.

If I wasn’t Murray I’d have had my head in my hands most games if I was supposed to make anything happen in that set up.

Unfair to judge any of our forwards on most of this season. Said it before but worth repeating, we should have spent the millions on better defenders given how we set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here