Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Anyway I didn’t really didn’t want to bring this up again at this stage of the season but you and others on this thread have forced my hand by the writing off of forwards we have turned into defenders. Maybe CH should have insisted on a few more defenders rather than forwards last summer.
ho

Just Locadia, I think he’s poor with very little about him.....

That’s just an opinion as I think he is out of his depth.

I’ll wait to be proved wrong but think he’ll be off-loaded in the Summer at a cut-price fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just Locadia, I think he’s poor with very little about him.....

That’s just an opinion as I think he is out of his depth.

I’ll wait to be proved wrong but think he’ll be off-loaded in the Summer at a cut-price fee.

I don’t, unless he’s had enough of playing as a back up full back and demands a transfer. I wouldn’t blame him either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But then so is suggesting Jurgen is a PL player based on one great goal.

Lots of players have moments it’s consistency and ability to do it at the highest level. (See Ince Swindon, KLL on numerous occasions).

But I'm not saying that merely defending him against accusations of being "pretty shit" esp when he's been responsible for some of this teams high points this season.
Let that sentence sink in, because it isn't meant as a compliment for Big Jurg.

FWIW out of this current squad Locadia is the first and possibly only player I'd want in the position to score 'the' goal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But I'm not saying that merely defending him against accusations of being "pretty shit" esp when he's been responsible for some of this teams high points this season.
Let that sentence sink in, because it isn't meant as a compliment for Big Jurg.

FWIW out of this current squad Locadia is the first and possibly only player I'd want in the position to score 'the' goal.

Personally I’d prefer Murray in that scenario, but, he would still be catching up if it was a break.

I think all of our forwards look poor with only Andone showing any promise.
Overhaul required.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I’d prefer Murray in that scenario, but, he would still be catching up if it was a break.

Overhaul required.

The only way I want to see Murray in the side again is if we play wingers released from being primarily defenders. Upfront on his own is like an invite for the other team to swamp us as they know they’ll be able to get back if he gets a break from a cleared hoof.

My heart sinks when I see him upfront on his own, at least Andone has pace, even if he act like a maniac on the pitch.

The starting point for an overhaul is an end to the negative tactics regardless of who we are playing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Overhaul required.

Something needs overhauling I'm not sure off-loading 4 or 5 big contracts finding a further 4 or 5 even bigger contracts is the way to go.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only way I want to see Murray in the side again is if we play wingers released from being primarily defenders. Upfront on his own is like an invite for the other team to swamp us as they know they’ll be able to get back if he gets a break from a cleared hoof.

My heart sinks when I see him upfront on his own, at least Andone has pace, even if he act like a maniac on the pitch.

The starting point for an overhaul is an end to the negative tactics regardless of who we are playing.

I agree re Murray, but the question was about a goal scoring position. He is the best finisher IMO.

Re the negative tactics, needs must, I had no problem with how we played vs Wolves or Spurs.

The players did not turn up for the last 3 home games and they owe us, that is not tactics, that is lack of effort and aptitude. We started on the front foot vs Cardiff, then when Propper cheaply lost the ball we capitulated. Burnley we bossed, but Heaton had a blinder. Then we switch off for Wood.

For me the issue remains the poor recruitment, and the tactics are as much of a result of what we have at our disposal as anything else. We reportedly have chased Zohore, Mitrovic, Abraham’s, the Celtic forward, Fiorentina forward plus the chap that failed the medical - that indicates that we are looking for a big mobile forward and we have failed to deliver for the manager, and this is where we are.....

Neither Locadia or Andone fit the above description, leaving Murray who is struggling.

Obviously, we do not know whether the above players are fact or fiction.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree re Murray, but the question was about a goal scoring position. He is the best finisher IMO.

Re the negative tactics, needs must, I had no problem with how we played vs Wolves or Spurs.

The players did not turn up for the last 3 home games and they owe us, that is not tactics, that is lack of effort and aptitude. We started on the front foot vs Cardiff, then when Propper cheaply lost the ball we capitulated. Burnley we bossed, but Heaton had a blinder. Then we switch off for Wood.

For me the issue remains the poor recruitment, and the tactics are as much of a result of what we have at our disposal as anything else. We reportedly have chased Zohore, Mitrovic, Abraham’s, the Celtic forward, Fiorentina forward plus the chap that failed the medical - that indicates that we are looking for a big mobile forward and we have failed to deliver for the manager, and this is where we are.....

Neither Locadia or Andone fit the above description, leaving Murray who is struggling.

Obviously, we do not know whether the above players are fact or fiction.

I take all you are saying but we’ll have to agree to differ. Hughton is a negative manager at this level and the the fact that attacking and flair players can’t get into the team until they are primarily turned into defenders shows a lack of confidence in the defenders imo and cuts our balls off as an attacking force. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps one or two of better quality.....

They can be better than our wildest dreams but seemingly will still be behind Murray in the pecking order, next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I take all you are saying but we’ll have to agree to differ. Hughton is a negative manager at this level and the the fact that attacking and flair players can’t get into the team until they are primarily turned into defenders shows a lack of confidence in the defenders imo and cuts our balls off as an attacking force. :shrug:

That’s what makes NSC so good, proper debate [emoji2].

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would certainly be disappointed if that happened given his form since Christmas l.

We were told it wasn't going to happen this season and for half of it the decision seemed ok.

Oddly stubborn and narrow-minded are 2 character traits I would never have laid on Mr Hughton, that is until 2019.

Changing a system in an attempt to accommodate some of his newer signings.
Stubbornly refusing to change the one player severely weakened by the new system.
Then refusing to change the now failing system, despite watching the snot getting kick out of it.
Only to finally throw the whole lot out in favour of a Championship side, 10 man defence and 'holding' centre forward.

It's completely bizarre and as said, seemingly come from nowhere (for us Albion fans) but apparently ripped straight from the CH Comfort Blanket Tactics Textbook.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
On the fence.

I’ll give him the benefit of doubt as it’s a big step up for him and his first season in the Premier League.

I’ve seen glimpses of brilliance, just nowhere near enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh and let's not forget that game changing cameo (word up) from your favourite player Solly was actually a pass that was going nowhere until a huge deflection landed it near enough to Big Jurg to create something out of nothing.
As well as the worst last kick of the game free kick that missed everyone and would have missed the goal were it not for the intervention of old cloth-hands.

Still the take away from that game is Locadia is pretty shit.
Solly is a game changer
& I guess
Murray was ok.

Solly came on and he and Jurgen drove the team forward something that hadn't happened all game, and has hardly happened at all in 2019.

To single out Solly and call Jurgen "pretty shit" is incredibly disingenuous and rather silly.

To read my posts over the past season and then pretend you think my assessment of the two players is based on 15 minutes against Millwall, is incredibly disingenuous and downright bloody stupid.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
On the fence.

I’ll give him the benefit of doubt as it’s a big step up for him .

Is it though? I've been watching some clips of the Dutch top flight and it appears there's no major difference in standard. How he was the top player in that division, only last season, should be added to the great wonders of the world list.

Here's some clips to prove my point:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something needs overhauling I'm not sure off-loading 4 or 5 big contracts finding a further 4 or 5 even bigger contracts is the way to go.

Perhaps one or two of better quality.....
Better players, in the positions we need them, will cost megabucks. If we try to buy more than two on our budget (unless Uncle Tony wants another season of huge financial losses), they won't be any better. We simply cannot afford to buy 4 or 5 better players all at once.

Draconian

Jul 26, 2018
As someone who has been following TM for over 25 years and thus ARJ for about 6-7 years, I can tell you in no uncertain terms that ARJ will not come good for Brighton or any other defensive setups for that matter. Iran under CQ was a completely anti-football, ultra defensive 11 behind the ball at their own half team. And CQ got 8 years out of it cause we had enough quality forwards to snag countless 1-0 scorelines in counters. And ARJ was always Mr. Anonymous in TM. Superstar in Holland, anonymous in TM. You don't have to be a genius to realize and quite a few people in here already have that ARJ can only truly shine as a player and highlight his qualities in a free flowing attacking side. He started as winger in Netherlands and ended up becoming a poacher.

You paid 17 million for ARJ because of his stats, stats that he earned in an attacking team. His stats in a defensive team are also clear for everyone, TM - Iran's national team - like I said, Mr. Anonymous. And he's never going to change. You bought a Ferrari in ARJ but haven't taken it for a ride at the track, instead CH has opted to use the said Ferrari exclusively for off road racing. Buy a Jeep stupid. It's better suited for your need, way cheaper and most importantly stops ruining the damn Ferrari.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here