Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are talking about a player who was the BEST player in the Dutch 2nd tier this season, and who last season was voted the second best young player in the Eredivisie (behind only new Man Utd winger Memphis Depay). The Eredivisie is considerably better than League One.

We have to date seen ZERO quotes from the player. The agent is doing his job - dicking people around to get the biggest possible financial benefit for his client and himself.

Begs the question, why aren't better clubs than us in for him? His agent and the Persian NSC have us down as shit and not good enough for him so this is quite a surprise if he really is a good as the hype.

Surprised the Albion haven't weighed in with a comment too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it me, or are agents like this one of the reasons why football needs to implode???.

Players choose their agents, I never get why the players aren't held responsible for the ****s that represent them. It's like this dick, nothing sticks, for those that still seem to want him, because it is the agent saying things. If someone was representing me I'd make very sure they weren't saying things I didn't agree with or I'd get shot of them. So I have to assume Alireza is happy to run with it :shrug:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The Iranian fans are saying some wonderful things about us on their messageboards:

http://www.persianfootball.com/foru...lireza-Jahanbakhsh-N.E.C.-Nijmegen-2014-2015/

lol at Brighton. know your place please!

Brighton who are in the Championship?!

Hell no...

Who are Brighton to bid for one of the most talented players in the Eredivisie?

Brighton are ****. Plus, they hardly ever spend any money, I was shocked to see them offer Alireza £1.4m. The rest of the team are crap and I don't think there's any chance of promotion.

There are many negative points about him going to Brighton (if he does). However, the only positive I see from it is that, Alireza will be Brighton's best player.

If he goes to Brighton you can be sure that he most likely will never become anything more than an average Eredivisie player at most.
The team is absolutely crap and he will sink in the Championship with them.

Can we Jamie them?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Players choose their agents, I never get why the players aren't held responsible for the ****s that represent them. It's like this dick, nothing sticks, for those that still seem to want him, because it is the agent saying things. If someone was representing me I'd make very sure they weren't saying things I didn't agree with or I'd get shot of them. So I have to assume Alireza is happy to run with it :shrug:

If i wanted to move somewhere, but my agent said "trust me, let me say a few things and i'll get you an extra £2K a week when you do go there", i'd let him say what he wants.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its a risk for the Albion as well, not so much as a winger but a second striker as his shooting can be awful.

NEC will struggle or get relegated. AZ are not in search of a winger and might not cough the dosh.

Not sure the player is going anywhere right now. He can speak English (hearsay).

Thinking of vanPersie. Wenger signed a winger and gained a striker.

I hope he doesn't go to Sunderland (Dutch connections) although that would make Buckley redundant?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Its a risk for the Albion as well, not so much as a winger but a second striker as his shooting can be awful.

NEC will struggle or get relegated. AZ are not in search of a winger and might not cough the dosh.

Not sure the player is going anywhere right now. He can speak English (hearsay).

Thinking of vanPersie. Wenger signed a winger and gained a striker.

I hope he doesn't go to Sunderland (Dutch connections) although that would make Buckley redundant?

Classic nonsensical post from you. Signing AJ as a winger could be a risk because even though he's a good winger he might not be a striker?

And of course you managed to mention Buckley, standard Perseus. :ffsparr:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

On fire Icy Gull, agree with everything you've put on this thread.

@Hans Kray - I'm not sure the Dutch Div 2 is better than league 1, though that was interesting point re player of the year.

Just an opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is we just have no idea.

- The agent might be acting like ALL other agents.
- The agent might not have been in this 7 figure situation before.
- He might be thinking if he's not seen to be working he'll lose his cash cow.
- The player could be driving everything.
- The players dad is calling the shots.
- The Albion feel they can apply enough pressure to leverage the deal.
- There is no deal it's just all NSC

Chances are there's 100 other reason why this particular deal stinks, and chances are we'll never find out what the real one is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need to start banning people for bumping this thread.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Hhmm. Unless it IS true that he's decided 100% to stay in Holland, then each day thta passes without any other offers, then it must (if only slightly) increase our chances. After all, irrespective of what HE wants, if his current club accept an offer, he's not really got that much say. If they want / need to cash in, he'll have to leave eventually - and if we're the only club to have made an acceptable offer....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It pops up so often anyone would think he'd already played for the Albion, and had left for better things.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What I've read (which isn't much, just what's on that PersianFootball website) is that he is back training at NEC and the talk is of staying there and signing an improved contract with them.

But yes it appears there's been no other firm offers from him, albeit some interest from a Bundesliga club.

I think this ship has sailed hence the rumours of going for Marshall instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports