Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister replacement?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I’ll be more happy if Daichi was our Lallana replacement / alternative.

From what I’ve seen him he’s much better in that 10 role behind the striker - he’s good at finding space between the lines.

I’d have concerns about him playing the 8 role in the Prem - there’s better options available for that position.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
So when we talk about replacing Alexis these days, are we talking about filling the #8 role (alongside Caicedo) or the #10 role in behind the striker?

Kamada/Buonanotte/most other players I've seen mentioned are far more the latter than the former, based on the evidence we have to date.

FWIW I saw Kamada playing for Frankfurt on a trip to Germany earlier in the season and he scored twice and absolutely ran the show for them.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This will be laughed off the site, but the player I'd go for if we sold Moises or Mac is JWP. He has EVERYTHING we could want. He's also another very experienced, senior pro. Perfect addition to a midfield that Is likely to be even younger next season. Would be able to easily play both 6 and 10 is this team.
I would be busting a gut and wallet to get him in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This will be laughed off the site, but the player I'd go for if we sold Moises or Mac is JWP. He has EVERYTHING we could want. He's also another very experienced, senior pro. Perfect addition to a midfield that Is likely to be even younger next season. Would be able to easily play both 6 and 10 is this team.
Hahahahaha . . . sorry, you did say you would be laughed at.

I don't have a problem with your suggestion, though l'm absolutely sure the club won't be interested in shelling out what would be a small fortune for him.

This would very much go against our transfer strategy too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got a mate who can't get enough of sashimi washed down with saké and he reckons this fella is shitehouse.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hahahahaha . . . sorry, you did say you would be laughed at.

I don't have a problem with your suggestion, though l'm absolutely sure the club won't be interested in shelling out what would be a small fortune for him.

This would very much go against our transfer strategy too.
I agree. Sadly. Because I do think it's a total no brainer. We'd get four or five top, top seasons out of him. And who doesn't love top bins from 30 yards?
If you said to me now - you can have 80 million for Mac and pay 50 odd for JWP I'd bite your hand off (and Mac is just about my favourite Albion player).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Set piece stats would go up, so I'm in favour. Saints will have a massive job keeping him if they go down. If they stay up, he might still go, but guessing to a club where his international ambitions might be realised. So probably Villa

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree. Sadly. Because I do think it's a total no brainer. We'd get four or five top, too seasons out of him. And who doesn't love top bins from 30 yards?
If you said to me now - you can have 80 million for Mac and pay 50 odd for JWP I'd bite your hand off (and Mac is just about my favourite Albion player).
Well if Ali Mac went for £80m, l'm not sure he will but IF he does, ten l imagine JWP will fetch a not dissimilar amount.

Put quite simply there would be no real financial value in the deal from the club's perspective

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So this MacAllister replacement. He didn't feature at the world up I don't think. Was he injured, or didn't make the squad?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Set piece stats would go up, so I'm in favour. Saints will have a massive job keeping him if they go down. If they stay up, he might still go, but guessing to a club where his international ambitions might be realised. So probably Villa
Why specifically Aston Villa? l feel sure some major suitors will be bidding for him this summer. He can do much better for himself than that.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Crikey do we really want even more Japanese tourists clogging up the club shop taking selfies?

Barber would be very happy. As a club we haven’t maximised commercial opportunities and our below a lot of other similar sized clubs in revenue from these. Having players like Mitoma will help rectify that.

Asia is still largely an untapped market - there’s a lot of very good players coming through in Japan and South Korea who will be available at very reasonable prices. I wouldn’t be surprised if we made another signing from this area within the next 2 windows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here