Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

But speaks the truth.....

No one is not saying he’s shit, he’s been a fantastic servant and done everything required and more, but if we as a team are to improve he stands out as vulnerable and he probably is even aware of that if he was honest to himself.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I disagree. DS has played out of his skin this season granted, certainly up until Xmas and still been pretty average. His effort is certainly worthy of note, but he lacks pace, speed of thought and genuine skill at this level. He’s lost a yard for me and contributes virtually nothing, to our attacking play, sideways and backwards is all well and good but he’s really not that great.

It’s high time for a change.

All 100% correct.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

No one is not saying he’s shit, he’s been a fantastic servant and done everything required and more, but if we as a team are to improve he stands out as vulnerable and he probably is even aware of that if he was honest to himself.

Exactly, but the simple fact is that if we can get someone better, we will be all over them like a tramp on chips.

When it comes to the crunch, we are all shallow heartless ******** :blush:

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Personally I think he will more likely to be competing for a place in the inside forward Trossard / Gross / Ali J position, than he is competing with the central midfielders.

After a bedding in period, I could see a team something like .....

--------------------Ryan
Lamptey Webster Dunk Bernardo
--------Propper Stephens Mooy
----------McAllister Trossard
-----------------Maupay

Looks not too bad to me, would prefer Alzate in for Stephen's and Propper plays the central of the 3 as at Palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I find it hard to square all this with the countless posts and posters who genuflect to his elegance.

Personally I must confess that my knowledge of the weft of football may be undeveloped. After all, I have always seen a player in Ali J.

So, yes, football is all about opinions, and this is fact, so I will venture the lad will contribute still. ??? :cheery:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Couldn’t agree more, stands out like a MASSIVE sore thumb in that team.

I remain amazed at the Stephens blind spot with sections of our support, Christ - people will still be putting him in our midfield when he’s 40 at this rate! We desperately need to upgrade him if we’re ever to challenge for anything more than the bottom 5.

Whilst games pass Propper by, he has no pace to recover in CM when we’re countered and he passes to opposing attackers to score, yet he gets a NSC free pass.

I assume some are wooed because he’s Dutch and looks the part.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks not too bad to me, would prefer Alzate in for Stephen's and Propper plays the central of the 3 as at Palace

And it may be Stephens or Stevens but it bluddyfukkinwell isn't Stephen's. FFS!!!! F. F. S. :shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst games pass Propper by, he has no pace to recover in CM when we’re countered and he passes to opposing attackers to score, yet he gets a NSC free pass.

To be fair, he has LOVELY hair. Lovely. :love:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Plus he’s tall and elegant.

Plenty of man love for Davy

Personally I think he's having by far his best season for us.

He's shocking in the final third (and not that crash hot in the first third) but in the middle of the pitch, when he's on the ball, he's a sight to behold. When he's not on the ball ... hmmmm

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I love your stuff, so don’t get too upset when I say DP has far more vision and skill yet I agree re his lack pace (which is given) and there’s no love affair (from me) with the so called ‘flair...’

He’s just a better player imho, albeit slightly more attacking... DS looks, and has looked, these past two seasons leg weary after half a campaign - that’s no use to us, he’s not up to the speed of this division nor the stamina required to be at the top of ‘your game’ for at least 30 matches.

He’s a brilliant championship player, but he’s just not got that ‘quality’ moment in him, I believe DP has and thus I rate him higher than DS... which has nothing to do with his nationality... I would have hoped you would have credited me with more integrity than that!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

No, it's because they're watching the real Davy Propper and you're watching a cunning cardboard replica. For the most part he kept Grealish under control against Villa.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He's shocking in the final third (and not that crash hot in the first third) but in the middle of the pitch, when he's on the ball, he's a sight to behold. When he's not on the ball ... hmmmm

Christ.

I would be embarrassed to witness your love, if and when we recruit an actual half decent player. It would be positively indecent. :mad:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hit and miss, like Stephens, both starred in the Watford and Arsenal away wins. Not one NSC’er gave them bad ratings. Then Propper goes missing in other matches.

IF we stay in the PL for a while, I don’t see them being in our first team when we upgrade CM.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I disagree. DS has played out of his skin this season granted, certainly up until Xmas and still been pretty average. His effort is certainly worthy of note, but he lacks pace, speed of thought and genuine skill at this level. He’s lost a yard for me and contributes virtually nothing, to our attacking play, sideways and backwards is all well and good but he’s really not that great.

It’s high time for a change.

There’s a specific pass that is always on when he receives the ball in the centre circle but he never seems to play it.

When he receives the ball back from Bernardo / mooy down the left (no where to go) the amount of times he doesn’t look up and play a simple quick chip or curled ground pass down the right to Azate / Montoya who are in acres of space advanced is unbelievable.

I’ve noticed this multiple times this season and I simply don’t know why he is reluctant to spread the play quickly, is it confidence, lack of ability or a lack
of awareness?

Surely the coaching team have picked up on this?

Appreciate this is a very specific call out but it’s become so noticeable it’s actually winding me up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here