Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And regarding the transfer, I don't blame him for wanting a move this summer. Off the back of his WC win his stock will never be higher than it is now, from his point of view he has to cash in while he's hot. It will only take an injury of bad form to knock ££££s off his value.
Deserves to be at a club that usually play CL football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True, and you cannot fault his attitude now and we will forever be in his heart that is clear to everyone.
That is why he will always be welcomed back by the supporters.
Definitely, I could even forgive him for joining Chavski.

A shy person, reflected in his loyalty and low maintenance time with us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Definitely, I could even forgive him for joining Chavski.

A shy person, reflected in his loyalty and low maintenance time with us.
I would prefer he went anywhere else to be honest, I think his game time would be limited going there and he knows it, besides that, they are not looking likely to be playing Champions League football anytime soon anyway.
he would suit Liverpool or Arsenal to be honest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would prefer he went anywhere else to be honest, I think his game time would be limited going there and he knows it, besides that, they are not looking likely to be playing Champions League football anytime soon anyway.
he would suit Liverpool or Arsenal to be honest.
Could be a record merry go round this summer. ManC reportedly after The Chavs Kovacic.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Yep, people forget about this element of buying players.

£50m players want £50m player wages. That's why they move from us in the first place!

The model can't change, identify talented young players and persuade them that we're a good career step for them.
But how long can a model like that be sustained? Sooner or later, the chain breaks. Don't get me wrong , our recruitment is ace but it would only take two or three poor signings and then what? Besides, how far can you go, just selling your best players all the time? What is the sum of our ambition?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
But how long can a model like that be sustained? Sooner or later, the chain breaks. Don't get me wrong , our recruitment is ace but it would only take two or three poor signings and then what? Besides, how far can you go, just selling your best players all the time? What is the sum of our ambition?
The sum of our ambition is slow and steady growth, we have passed the point of free transfers, and journey men that last a season, we have past the point of having to sell to our star midfielder, because the offer was so great, money is not an object now, the thing that will drive how far the club progresses is probably out of our hands to a certain extent, it will soon be how content the player is here, the highest we can realistically compete is top 7 a good crack at the domestic cups and the occasional foray into Europe.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Good question.

I don't think it's realistic to expect sustained growth forever, there will be a drop at some point. It's also realistic to assume there's a ceiling for BHAFC that's impossible to break through, Gus's big mouth was right about that although he was wrong about how high the ceiling is. IMHO we're getting close to that ceiling at the moment.

That's the thing with football, you're only ever two or three poor signings or a bad manager away from being shit again!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fairly average since the world cup. Mind on his next team or as I've been maintaining he's overrated?

Very good player. And good for Brighton but not a top 4 player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fairly average since the world cup. Mind on his next team or as I've been maintaining he's overrated?

If young mr Alexis and comrade Roberto could quit f***ing around and put the bloke in the role where he is a King, I think it would be a decent step in the right direction.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Probably doesn’t help he’s split from his long term girlfriend who’s gone back to Argentina

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will likely depart us being remembered as our greatest ever penalty taker, amongst his many other qualities.
Tomer just spat tea all over his screen.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Been a bit worried that he was feeling (late period) Bisouma like lately. Still cracking but something a bit off most of the time and not as elite in general play, whilst making key contributions in the vital moments.

Was worried it was because his heart had sailed and was waiting for the summer move, but if it’s the long term girlfriend split then there’s a glimmer of hope. Come on Brighton lasses, one of you snap him up and ask him to stay living round the corner from your dear old mom.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here