Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Newsflash: Argentinians feel that islands in the Argentinian sea should be Argentinian.

You can be offended by that, of course. Or accept that people have different opinions on certain subjects.
That's weird. I thought it was called the Atlantic..But what do you know?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Newsflash: A lot of Brits feel that the islands in the Argentinian sea should be Argentinian too, especially the Malvinas. After all, we’d been negotiating the return of the islands for 16 years prior to the war. After the war, it’s become impossible to for a political party to have a sensible debate about it because it upsets vets and the far right too much. In essence, if one of your family died protecting those islands from a dictatorship, you might believe their sacrifice is wasted if the U.K just hand back the rocks. The only solution is time. The Islands will be handed back when Britain has come to terms with losing its empire. The Brexit vote should tell you that it will take many more years for that to happen.

Newsflash: Simon Jenkins is wrong about literally everything! If he thinks we should hand back the Falklands, that alone is a good enough reason not to do it.

(Also see some of his absurd opinions about Russia and Ukraine)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
What about what the inhabitants feel, doesn’t that matter too?
I don't think the political leadership and identity of the islands is negotiable. It's more the rich resources that have been discovered in the region. It would be sensible to negotiate over those.

We should never forget the Falklands. How under resourced our forces were, how they were put in an almost impossible situation, and how, because of that, their skill and discipline still needed good fortune. The Argentines came within hours of destroying the UK aircraft carriers until the weather intervened. Had they done so things would have been a lot different. That conflict makes me so angry. Our forces lives put on the line because of lazy government foreign policy. And in the end Thatcher stole the credit and the forces efforts were soon turned into a political flag.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
C89F3F70-3306-4E9D-ABBB-7DB05F448ECA.jpeg

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I know I'm guilty for getting involved, but one of our players is in a world cup final. Why are we debating the sodding Falklands
All started because someone derailed the thread.

We're back in the room now. And 30 minutes or so from an incredible Albion first. Hopefully.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here