Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I know there was tension and bad vibes in the game but this picture shows that the argies are lacking a bit of respect at winning the game.
I always remember when we beat Milwall on pens in the cup a few years ago, after the final pen, when we had won the game, the TV pictures showed Glenn Murray just about to go nuts with the team and then stop himself, turn around and commiserate with the Millwall players. Classy!!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I wonder what he will bring back with him in the way of experience, confidence and giving the other members of the squad the lift to go on and achieve more in their careers, should be a great thing for the club!
It's also fantastic for us that one of our players who recently signed a new contract (rather than letting the current one run down to find a bigger club) is in the starting line up for a team in the world cup semis. Showing they don't need to move to get selected for those countries.

Unless they're English.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always expect footballers to be more gracious in victory after a tough game...my bad 🤷‍♂️
"Tough luck old boy, have a safe journey home, love to the wife and kids"

might have been even harder to accept.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can I apologise to everyone on here for my severely negative posting. I was in a very very bad mental space and found no enjoyment yesterday.
One day is nothing. Some people should have that as their signature

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was wondering where Alexis was in the penalty order, I was half expecting him to take one.
I was pooping myself at the thought of him taking one.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In previous years I would have been in favour of the Dutch but this time more interested in our player doing well though even that brings mixed emotions - i.e. unwanted interest from other clubs and him maybe not available for some of our games. Last night was a prime example of shithousery by both teams though and not a good advert for football. The ref was unbelievably bad , one of the Argentinians was saying he was biased against them and why did HE add 10 minutes. I thought he was biased against the dutch but as said both teams acted terribly.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The context of this is that 5 or so Dutch players surrounded the final Argentinian penalty taker as he went up to take the penalty. The Dutch players had to be pushed away by the Ref.

That is an amazing viewpoint and so much going on. Love Martinez going splat on the ground. All very Sensible Soccer.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
In previous years I would have been in favour of the Dutch but this time more interested in our player doing well though even that brings mixed emotions - i.e. unwanted interest from other clubs and him maybe not available for some of our games. Last night was a prime example of shithousery by both teams though and not a good advert for football. The ref was unbelievably bad , one of the Argentinians was saying he was biased against them and why did HE add 10 minutes. I thought he was biased against the dutch but as said both teams acted terribly.

I would be astonished if our match tonight didn’t feature a level of shithousery

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can I apologise to everyone on here for my severely negative posting. I was in a very very bad mental space and found no enjoyment yesterday.
Apologies back if my response didn't help. I absolutely love games like that but I had no idea you were in a bad place. Take care of yourself.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m really conflicted atm - want Ali Mac to have a great World Cup but Argentina really are acting like colossal bellends atm and I can’t want to see Emi Martinez happy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m really conflicted atm - want Ali Mac to have a great World Cup but Argentina really are acting like colossal bellends atm and I can’t w/ant to see Emi Martinez happy.
How about Ally Mac being the only bright spark for the Argies as they lose the final to England - would that work for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here