Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Quote a few of those English players will be sold/squad players. Norwood and Baldock PL quality? Don't think so..

Norwood probably not, but Baldock has looked quality at full back for Sheffield United whenever I've seen them.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Norwood probably not, but Baldock has looked quality at full back for Sheffield United whenever I've seen them.

According to several forum threads the thoughts are Norwood ok for first team and Baldock a squad player. The question s whether they will do a Cadiff and spend a minimal amount or do a Fulham and spend millions. We shall see..

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Brighton & Hove Albion poked on tip to stay with the midfielder Bicho, which was also intended by Boca.

Midfielder Alexis Mac Allister , of Argentinos Juniors , has a foot and a half in the Premier League , blah, blah blah.....

Brighton & Hove Albion marches in the 13th place in the Premier, with 26 points (7 won, 5 tied and 9 lost), and has two South Americans in the squad: the Brazilian Bernardo and the Colombian José Izquierdo.

He has a foot and a half?!!!.......and a Premiership salary.

Should be popular with a good half of the support, straight off.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
So Bournemouth and Brighton signed 2 quality young players this season that have slotted into the first team and Leicester signed 1.

Leicester have a young core of their team that has been built over the last few seasons. Bournemouth are going the same way. None of our signings since promotion except either Gross or at times Ryan & Bernardo have consistently shown they would get in either of those teams, and yet the players they've signed cost similar ballpark figures to the ones we have. I'm aware those clubs are a lot more established than we are, but player for player, the money they're forking out, for the likes of Brooks and Maddison anyway, isn't that different to what we have been spending, and yet they've got a bunch of great young players starting week in week out in the first team and we have (save for 3 or 4) a bunch of flops, the most expensive of whom can't even get into the squad nowadays.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leicester have a young core of their team that has been built over the last few seasons. Bournemouth are going the same way. None of our signings since promotion except either Gross or at times Ryan & Bernardo have consistently shown they would get in either of those teams, and yet the players they've signed cost similar ballpark figures to the ones we have. I'm aware those clubs are a lot more established than we are, but player for player, the money they're forking out, for the likes of Brooks and Maddison anyway, isn't that different to what we have been spending, and yet they've got a bunch of great young players starting week in week out in the first team and we have (save for 3 or 4) a bunch of flops, the most expensive of whom can't even get into the squad nowadays.

*cough* and the salaries and knock on effects wrt players on 'top earner' comntracts? *cough*

Leicester and Bournmouth may well have owners prepared to go the extra money mile.

Anyway, we shall see about us during the window, won't we? Oh, we will stay up, BTW. Not sure if I have seen a thread saying so. Best not tempt fate but...Six points for Cardiff? Six pints of vodka needed before I buy that baloney.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

What wages are they offering ?

PS how many goals did star signing 36 year old Jermaine Defoe score for Bournemouth last season.
PPS how many goals has £19m signing Dominic Solanke scored so far ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What wages are they offering ?

PS how many goals did star signing 36 year old Jermaine Defoe score for Bournemouth last season.
PPS how many goals has £19m signing Dominic Solanke scored so far ?

Not so bad when the midfield chips in with goals, sadly ours doesn't

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not so bad when the midfield chips in with goals, sadly ours doesn't

Why , given they are so marvellous and we are not (recruitment, manager, and goals from midfielders it appears) do they have only 7 more points than Albion and got knocked out of the FA Cup by er, us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why , given they are so marvellous and we are not (recruitment, manager, and goals from midfielders it appears) * do they have only 7 more points than Albion and got knocked out of the FA Cup by er, us.

* forgot to mention NSC flavour of the month David Brooks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving just how many posters are prepared to make themselves look stupid just to suit their own axe grinding agenda.

The club didn't spend £8m only to then wonder how it fitted in with immigration.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I suppose the questions that fans have revolve around the fact that there isn't a clear route to getting Alexis or Tau into the country. So we've spent a few quid on transfer fees, we're paying their wages, but the circumstances under which they could get a work permit don't appear to be within our control. I think it's a legitimate to question this as a transfer strategy.

Loving just how many posters are prepared to make themselves look stupid just to suit their own axe grinding agenda.

The club didn't spend £8m only to then wonder how it fitted in with immigration.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
WTF is going on? "My dream is to play for Boca"

That's not something you come out with when you've yet to kick a ball for the club that forked out $10 million for you.

Not winning himself many fans here in Sussex.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] what a melt you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No he's right. What possible comparison is there between a Sheffield United team who have just managed to get promotion from the Championship and us, almost two seasons into playing in the Premier League?

Speaking to sensible United fans up here, they know that they will need MUCH more quality in the PL as their style of play will soon get found out and nullified against much better teams than Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday [emoji23] et al.

So, although a bit harsh, it was a bit of a moronic comment to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here