[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What a great move joining Brighton has been for him and he has found his natural position shone in the PL and broken into the Argentina starting 11 and became one of the top performances at the World Cup alongside bagging a winners medal. From his Instagram post you know he appreciates the role the club has played in his journey and signing the contract before the competition shows he is happy here.

Whatever the future holds for him it’s been amazing to watch his journey with us and another great example for any other young players who might want to look back on moments like Alexis will rather than counting their money whilst warming the bench at one of the big money clubs.

Shout out to the Argentina manager for such a show of faith in him as well, no big club bias there (take note Gareth)

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
What a great move joining Brighton has been for him and he has found his natural position shone in the PL and broken into the Argentina starting 11 and became one of the top performances at the World Cup alongside bagging a winners medal. From his Instagram post you know he appreciates the role the club has played in his journey and signing the contract before the competition shows he is happy here.

Whatever the future holds for him it’s been amazing to watch his journey with us and another great example for any other young players who might want to look back on moments like Alexis will rather than counting their money whilst warming the bench at one of the big money clubs.

Shout out to the Argentina manager for such a show of faith in him as well, no big club bias there (take note Gareth)

Absolutely this……
Congratulations to Alexis….

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

There was a nsc poster in the summer who reckoned that by evil Tony Bloom making Cucu a prisoner, young stars would no longer want to sign for us.:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is very smart, so is his Dad. They know he can play for Argentina while he is at Brighton so the only reason for him to go would be to get regular football at the very very top, which no top club would guarantee him now. If he goes to a big club and doesn’t get game time, he could become another Lo Celso.

Lo Celso is a regular in the Argentina team

He’s been injured

Much how I don’t like him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From Ali’s Instagram…..

BE06AA9D-39CD-4BA8-AE46-B9A9300CAC47.jpeg

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Huge congrats to Alexis, he's kept his head down, worked hard and it's all paid off for him. Can't believe we have a world cup winner in this squad. Nearly 26 years ago we lost 2-0 at Orient in Shilton's 1000th game. Surreal.

Big feather in the Club's cap as well. What an example to put towards prospective signings. Come here, work hard, enjoy your football and this could be you in 4 or 8 years time.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He is very smart, so is his Dad. They know he can play for Argentina while he is at Brighton so the only reason for him to go would be to get regular football at the very very top, which no top club would guarantee him now. If he goes to a big club and doesn’t get game time, he could become another Lo Celso.
Well there is the possibility of playing in the Europa/Champions League, or even winning them, which is probably quite a big attraction... not something that can be guaranteed here (and that's being optimistic)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"U can't touch this"

He's Alexis
He's Alexis
He's Alexis
He's Alexis
His his his
Team won the world cup
Makes me say "holy fudge"
Thank you for blessing him
With the mind of messi and two flair feet

It feels good to know that however far
A super dope homeboy owns qatar
And he said "you can't touch this"
Cos He's alexis
He's Alexis
I told you, HOMEBOY
He's Alexis
He's Alexis

I lost faith in that very early on

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lots of debates on socials around whether he should now play higher up the pitch?

He is so well disciplined in the 6-6 pivot with Moises but perhaps the time has come for him to sit behind the front-3 in the position Lallana has been playing in?

We can then stick Wee-Billy next to Moises or maybe Cifuentes if he signs in two weeks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Lots of debates on socials around whether he should now play higher up the pitch?

He is so well disciplined in the 6-6 pivot with Moises but perhaps the time has come for him to sit behind the front-3 in the position Lallana has been playing in?

We can then stick Wee-Billy next to Moises or maybe Cifuentes if he signs in two weeks.
i dont think one needs to play a box-to-box midfielder "higher up", he'll simply cover the ground as necessary. as he has done for us and did Argentina.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Come on, we can do better than this. Get Googling, and get him ahead of Aldi in the search predictions...
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 14.38.41.png

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Getting him into a longer contract ahead of a glorified shop window is insanely brilliant business by the club. I have no doubt he is off but well done to all involved for getting ourselves into the best position possible.
Yer we are gonna make a killing on him if someone decides to buy. And I still don't think he's that good. Certainly not too good for us. Caciedo and bissouma (who's struggled at spurs) better

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I would be fascinated to hear from someone like @El Presidente about how creative we are going to get with our accounts to avoid massive tax bills. I am PAYE so know nothing about it. I assume with all of these player sales that we will make a profit in the financial year so will we be paying off debt etc?

Obviously I hope he stays but it feels likely that he won’t!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

And maybe Messi told the manager that he'd like Alexis playing alongside him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports