Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he start the first game ?

Could make a case for him being in the player of tounament mix. He is the glue that keeps Argentina ticking. He has been fantastic this tournament.

I'd want 60m + for him but would rather keep him
If IF we're talking about a World Cup winner, you'd want Cucurella money for him?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think a lot of clubs will be interested in the young man, however feel that we will not sell him in January, we have no need to do that whatsoever.
Come the summer though, I fully expect the vultures to circle as they will with a number of players here. Sadly he has Newcastle written all over him, or a surprise move to Barcelona or Real Madrid actually, now would that not be something to sell a world cup potential winner to one of the those two clubs.

Wow just wow !!
we sure have come along way, ever since those dark days.
Come along way granted yet life without Caceido or Mac would be a tad worrying.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I don't want him to go somewhere just to sit on the bench. Not saying this will happen, but he deserves to start every single time. With his performance at the WC, his age, and how much press he has gotten if you will, anything short of 60m will or at least, should, be shot down by TB.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If it wasn’t for Bissouma leaving he wouldn’t be a starter for the Argies.
You can't say that with any certainty at all.

Mac Allister was starting regularly for us in the second half of last season with Bissouma here. He was getting called up to the Argentina squad because of those performances and there is nothing to say that wouldn't have continued this season. In fact with him still playing the more advanced midfield role that he plays for Argentina and would have been playing for us had Bissouma stayed its very likely he'd have still made the squad. The reason Ali Mac is starting for Argentina is his performances in training with them and taking the chances on the pitch when selected. It has nothing to do with us selling Yves.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Here’s the attention you’re so desperately craving in this thread so we don’t have to see a third attempt.
Am I not allowed to be a contrarian?

Time will tell.

For me Argentina are greater than the sum of their parts. A great team with Messi as the stand out. If you look at some of their players they are hardly world beaters at club level. Otamendi is past it , Alvarez barely plays. Romero doesn't always play. Tagliafico not amazing at club level and so on....

Maccer would struggle in a bigger team than us at the moment. Not to say he couldn't in the future.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Am I not allowed to be a contrarian?

Time will tell.

For me Argentina are greater than the sum of their parts. A great team with Messi as the stand out. If you look at some of their players they are hardly world beaters at club level. Otamendi is past it , Alvarez barely plays. Romero doesn't always play. Tagliafico not amazing at club level and so on....

Maccer would struggle in a bigger team than us at the moment. Not to say he couldn't in the future.
Disagree with the last line. He would be comfortable in a major European side. Very tidy intelligent player, nothing spectacular.

If he went to a major side he would be competing for a place like he isn't now though. Not a guaranteed starter.

Comparable English player- probably Declan Rice. Although if Mac was English I don't think he would be in the first choice XI, but would play from time to time.

Contract fee- I wouldn't make comparisons to Cuc because Chelsea paid well over the odds. But I wouldn't stop him going for an offer of £60m. I don't think a club will offer more than that. He's a decent player at the highest level, but there would be other non Premier League options around for cheaper fees.

Still he's made a WCF, albeit in a team that took a cheeky route. But he's there, and that makes me happy as an Albion fan. Just needs to score the winner now.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unlike others who have moved on from the club he is a potential club Captain should Dunk ever step down from the role.

That might not stop him going but it's something that could sway him to also stay longer term.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Unlike others who have moved on from the club he is a potential club Captain should Dunk ever step down from the role.

That might not stop him going but it's something that could sway him to also stay longer term.
He is not a big talker though but suppose some captains lead by example rather than words and you couldn't hope for much better in that respect.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Currently in the Dominica Republic. Lots of Argies around. My boy wearing his Brighton shirt. Argies coming up to him because of Mac. Showing them photos of Mac signing his shirt at the Amex. They can’t believe it. Amazing how recognised Brighton have become.
When we were there junior played in the daily football thing they did, similarly was mostly argies and brazilians. They just kept asking him whether that Donatello was any good and where was he from :laugh:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hate to be contrarian, but I think Argentina are a bigger team than Brighton and he's doing pretty well in that team...
And Alvarez rarely plays? He has 4 goals already only one behind Messi so both contending for the golden boot along with Mbappe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here