Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ALERT. Bruce Springsteen and Mary's Place.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We were at Villa Park too. Sensational performance. He knows how to work a crowd - simply brilliant from start to finish.

(Unlike the bars, as mentioned above. Out of draught beer by 7pm, charging pint prices for warm 440ml cans and £2 extra for each compulsory plastic glass to drink it from.. absolute shambles)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We were there as well. Such a brilliant performer, but initially was disappointed with the sound system.

Holte End a shit show, chaotic and disorganised.

In other news an atmosphere in the Holte End, who knew?

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Is that the very early 80's Brighton Centre gig? Had a ticket for the original date. Then he put it back about six months cos he had a migraine or something. Being newly ex-punk, just thought at the time f**k you Springsteen, if you can't be arsed to turn up, then neither can I. Sold me tkt on, cost price, for the rescheduled gig. Apparently missed out on an epic near 3 hour set. Oh well :shrug:
Bryan Adams think was around similar time did a massive gig at the BC probably similar time on stage apart from getting audience members to sing summer of 69.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Have loved him since I first bought Born To Run in ‘75 and then the earlier albums. Saw him at the MK Bowl around ‘93 I think and then the Ricoh a few years back. Tried for Dublin tickets without success. His live shows are legendary although inevitably his voice is less reliable understandably. Mind you since the audience sing all the words to almost everything it hardly matters! Pure class!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It was bloody brilliant.
But a shambles - no real security
And the bars. Worst I’ve seen at any game or gig.
Spent about an hour getting four pints and three waters
£44 for the privilege

The gig.

Three hours and it flashed by

Emotional, reflective. joyous, mad, funny, and just a wonderful feeling of community.
Must be it now though?

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Saw Bruce in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago. Thought the venue and organisation was good. Was unseasonably hot at Murrayfield- but the stewards seemed switched on, allowing early access into the shaded parts of the stadium and handing out drinking water to whoever needed it.

Having seen him a few times since '81 at Brighton I was concerned that he might be getting a bit past it. Needn't have worried - 3 hours plus, without a break. A bundle of energy and his voice didn't falter. Impressive.

Whereas I had a brief medical episode towards the end of the gig and can only praise the stewards and first aiders. I was more concerned at disrupting the enjoyment of my lady friend, a huge Bruce fan - but having been assisted (backstage!) for a check-up we were re-admitted right at the front of the stage just as the great man came walkabout, with a few yards of us. He gave her a big smile and blew a big kiss, which made some amends for my untimely interruption. Phew. Thanks Bruce!

Saw Bruce in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago. Thought the venue and organisation was good. Was unseasonably hot at Murrayfield- but the stewards seemed switched on, allowing early access into the shaded parts of the stadium and handing out drinking water to whoever needed it.

Having seen him a few times since '81 at Brighton I was concerned that he might be getting a bit past it. Needn't have worried - 3 hours plus, without a break. A bundle of energy and his voice didn't falter. Impressive.

Whereas I had a brief medical episode towards the end of the gig and can only praise the stewards and first aiders. I was more concerned at disrupting the enjoyment of my lady friend, a huge Bruce fan - but having been assisted (backstage!) for a check-up we were re-admitted right at the front of the stage just as the great man came walkabout, with a few yards of us. He gave her a big smile and blew a big kiss, which made some amends for my untimely interruption. Phew. Thanks Bruce!
I was in Edinburgh as well. Agree with you about the venue and organisation. £6 for a can of warm Tennants lager ripped from a multi-pack was a f***ing disgrace though!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Was at Villa Park last night, another amazing performance. The security was non existent, got in without showing or scanning my ticket! The stewards seemed to have no clue how to run an event. Saw the great man in Rome in May and there we had tickets scanned and id’s checked. Great night last night (although thought the sound was slightly better in Rome) still the best singer and band to see live! On stage for 3 hours without a break!

was the only time I have enjoyed being in Villa Park!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Was at Villa Park last night, another amazing performance. The security was non existent, got in without showing or scanning my ticket! The stewards seemed to have no clue how to run an event. Saw the great man in Rome in May and there we had tickets scanned and id’s checked. Great night last night (although thought the sound was slightly better in Rome) still the best singer and band to see live! On stage for 3 hours without a break!

was the only time I have enjoyed being in Villa Park!
THIS

Crappy place but a great time - up there with my favourite gigs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here