Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Alec Scott

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This Leeds game is exactly what football should be about...end to end, teams running at each other. Really breath of fresh air!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I reckon you would Crodo, albeit she allegedly bats for the other side!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Congratulations to Alec Scott, announced as new host of Football Focus, she will do a terrific job. Also looking forward to her hosting QOTS later in the year alonside her other presenting duties on Sky Sports, BBC Womens Internationals, The Female Sports Show and the One Show.

:clap:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Congratulations to Alec Scott, announced as new host of Football Focus, she will do a terrific job. Also looking forward to her hosting QOTS later in the year alonside her other presenting duties on Sky Sports, BBC Womens Internationals, The Female Sports Show and the One Show.

Very good pundit and quite measured.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Let me on the telly, let me on the telly!!

Ffs. She will never be off our screens

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Queen of the South?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Don't the BBC have any other presenters they can use? Ms Scott is all over the telebox at the moment, and will be even more with FF, QoS,Motd, and numerous other appearances.
There are plenty of other diverse presenters of various genders, sexualities, ethnicity out there, and imo Ms Scott is not a particularly good presenter, or pundit, especially when compared to Claire Balding, Sue Barker and Karen Carney. Her presenting style always seems forced , and looks like she is never comfortable . When she first appeared a few years ago I hoped that she would grow into the role, and become more personable but she hasn't appeared to develop her skills at all . Her clipped vocal presentation is just annoying after 5 mins.
Diversity is good, and I say lets have some diversity from Ms Scott,

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I think Alec Scott is a great choice,I find that Dan chap rather wooden and seems a bit out of place.
I think Alec Scott personality will help and being an ex footballer should bring about some more interesting discussion and a bit of freindly ex footballer banter simalar to what lineker brought to match of the day I reckon.
I'm also impressed how prepared she is whenever she is on a panel,I get the impression she has really worked hard on research and stats before an appearance.
I agree with Karen cerney too though,I was really impressed with her commentary and analysis on Monday,really good.
I usually listen to radio Sussex,Warren and JC are the best commentary team for the Albion in my opinions on but if Karen is on radio 5 again I will probably give that a listen instead.
But congratulations to Alec Scott thoroughly deserved.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don't the BBC have any other presenters they can use? Ms Scott is all over the telebox at the moment, and will be even more with FF, QoS,Motd, and numerous other appearances.
There are plenty of other diverse presenters of various genders, sexualities, ethnicity out there, and imo Ms Scott is not a particularly good presenter, or pundit, especially when compared to Claire Balding, Sue Barker and Karen Carney. Her presenting style always seems forced , and looks like she is never comfortable . When she first appeared a few years ago I hoped that she would grow into the role, and become more personable but she hasn't appeared to develop her skills at all . Her clipped vocal presentation is just annoying after 5 mins.
Diversity is good, and I say lets have some diversity from Ms Scott,

She hasn't been confirmed for QOS or FF as far as I am aware. Only a lot of people on Twitter making an assumption she'll get the jobs as a box ticking exercise.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
I think Alec Scott is a great choice,I find that Dan chap rather wooden and seems a bit out of place.
I think Alec Scott personality will help and being an ex footballer should bring about some more interesting discussion and a bit of freindly ex footballer banter simalar to what lineker brought to match of the day I reckon.
I'm also impressed how prepared she is whenever she is on a panel,I get the impression she has really worked hard on research and stats before an appearance.
I agree with Karen cerney too though,I was really impressed with her commentary and analysis on Monday,really good.
I usually listen to radio Sussex,Warren and JC are the best commentary team for the Albion in my opinions on but if Karen is on radio 5 again I will probably give that a listen instead.
But congratulations to Alec Scott thoroughly deserved.

Ex 'park' footballer. Good ol BBC ticking those boxes. Would imagine a white, male ex professional footballer wouldn't have got anywhere near getting the job. If BoJo was to resign tomorrow I'd half expect her to get the role. Still she ain't bad looking so it has some consolations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here