Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Alec Scott

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I must confess to drinking more tea at half time when she is on the panel. She was OK and impressed with her research at the last World Cup, but she is now getting over exposed and has become a bit predictable and generalised in her observations. A bit thin on content - having said that, a lot of other commentators are poor. I just wish we got commentary on matches like the old days and less of the punditry that is just opinionated and annoying.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
View attachment 113850

Run as fast as you can! :lolol:

Bring em on!! It's an easy argument to win, she has no credibility having never played the men's game. She and other female pundits on the men's game are there purely to 'box tick' and no other reason. If Sky didn't have women pundits you can guarantee there would be an 'online petition' demanding that they do, it's easier just to give into it. She adds nothing to the debate, granted she's very attractive however.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
By the logic of many, Steve "1,000 games" Claridge must be just about the best pundit around. Been a player for more years, and for more clubs, than was reasonable based on his talent and had the briefest of spells as a manager. Personally, I think he's the worst "pundit" on the circuit and his being marginalised is based purely on merit. Alex Scott played at a good level and obviously has knowledge and insight into the game, it makes no difference that she's a woman. I understand the argument people make about her never having played the men's game, but it's not all that different at the core and the increase in women in football coverage is a clear and welcome attempt to broaden the appeal of the game and make it far less of an old boys' club. Also a positive thing. It's good for the game to have as many different perspectives and points of view as possible.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Been confirmed as a contestant on Strictly 2019. Is there anything this woman can't do??

She's also been confirmed as Sky pundit, BBC MOTD/MOTD2 pundit, analyst on all womens games on BBC, Strictly contestant, hosting new monthly womens sports magazine show on BBC.

The British public simply cannot get enough of her.

:clap2:

Good ol' Smiley Miley, she'll be reading the news next. And if - heaven forbid - the work should ever dry up, she's a shoo-in for Songs Of Praise. Fast-tracked National Treasure in the Clare Balding mould.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not a fan of her punditry myself, if you’re allowed to say that without being labelled a sexist pig nowadays :rolleyes:

I had a similar thought about whether to say how stunningly attractive I think she is.

Not connected, but I think he punditry is very good. Truth is pundits always seem to have that effect, as do commentators. One mans John Motson, is another mans Jonathan Pearce.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Couldn't care less about Tennis or the gender of the pundits.

This is an outrage.

FIFA-Womens-World-Cup-2019-BBC-Sport-Graphics-7.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
She is very easy on the eye. But lets face it, if she had a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle then she wouldn't be anywhere near a TV studio. Female pundits, newsreaders, weathergirls - its an almost entirely munt-free zone. Even the wrinklies aren't bad. Claire Tomlinson is knocking on a bit now, but is clearly still prime MILF material.

Fact is, if you happen to be a bit of a biffer, then you are going to struggle to get a career in front of a camera.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
She is very easy on the eye. But lets face it, if she had a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle then she wouldn't be anywhere near a TV studio. Female pundits, newsreaders, weathergirls - its an almost entirely munt-free zone. Even the wrinklies aren't bad. Claire Tomlinson is knocking on a bit now, but is clearly still prime MILF material.

Fact is, if you happen to be a bit of a biffer, then you are going to struggle to get a career in front of a camera.

Like the unsuccessful Clare Balding

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Well-constructed case Easy. Tho the career of Clare Balding knocks your case flat on its arse.

Tho admittedly CB's career rocketed due to Frank Lampard's missus - the gormless one with a face like a split watermelon- defecting to ITV just before the London Olympics. She'll be disappointed with that career advice by her agent. Unless of course his Plan B was to get her to marry a millionaire foitballer :lol:

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Good effort, but;

Well-constructed case Easy. Tho Clare Balding knocks it flat.

These are the equivalent of singing, "Sit down, shut up!". :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Like I said, its an *almost* entirely munt-free zone. She's one of the few exceptions that proves the rule, and whilst she doesn't float my boat (nor I hers), she's probably presentable enough to some of our more mature readers.

There's plenty of ugly blokes in TV studios, but very, very few ugly women. Which is a form of sexism in itself, is it not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well-constructed case Easy. Tho the career of Clare Balding knocks your case flat on its arse.

Anyone else then ? I could reel off half dozen blokes who fell out the ugly tree and yet still landed safely on a pundit sofa.

Women though ? Struggling to think of many out-and-out munters in a TV studio tbh, particularly a sports one. Question Time doesn't count btw, as pretty much all politicians are repugnant (and look who chairs that now).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can I have an advance on Claire Balding. Anyone ? Anyone ?

Bueller ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not a fan of her punditry myself, if you’re allowed to say that without being labelled a sexist pig nowadays :rolleyes:

I think she's quite good, but there are plenty of male pundits I think are rubbish, so it's not sexist...… unless you think she's no good BECAUSE she's a woman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here