Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Alec Sanchez

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, Bury overspent, but you have to admit the juxtaposition of Sanchez’s move and Bury’s demise look a bit awkward within 2 days of each other.

We nearly went to the wall as well mate and that wasn’t the fault of Brighton fans, just as this isn’t the fault of Bury fans.

Anyway, I’m sure this is discussed on other threads

Agreed its not the fault of the fans, they're not in control of the clubs finances and aren't always privy to how their club is being run until it all goes tits up - by which time its usually too late.

But I'm growing weary of people saying PL clubs / players should all help these chronically mismanaged basket-case clubs out financially. Its a nonsense. Should the PL have had a collective whip-round to help bail out Leeds or Portsmouth when they were on their uppers ? Should they buffalo.

There needs to be far greater scrutiny of owners and potential owners, and how they fund the clubs they control. But every football club is a business, and businesses have to be run properly and stand on their own two feet, without relying on handouts from the solvent ones higher up the league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The reverse of post#1
So Inter are paying £300k, and Man U paying £100k? Have you got a link to show that? All of the reports I can see state that United will pay over half of his salary.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
19 months at United, five goals and he’s trousered over 30 million quid

Wow just wow just wow

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
TO show how grotesque and overpaid Sanchez has been, to be paying a player £300k to play for another club whereas Salah possibly the best player in the EPL is 'only' paid £280k to play for Liverpool.

Incredible, Sanchez should be ashamed of his time at Man U.
So why say United paying Sanchez £300K a week to play there is less than Liverpool pay Salah?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Fifty quid and half a packet of Toffos.

He's clearly worth more than that, you fool. £60 and a four fingered Kit Kat... shoved right up his ****

Anyone who can trouser that amount of money and not fight like mad for a first team place wants cuffing round the head as he walks in, and out, of the training ground... Ludicrous.

Thank god we have a fairly sensible wage structure.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Agreed its not the fault of the fans, they're not in control of the clubs finances and aren't always privy to how their club is being run until it all goes tits up - by which time its usually too late.

But I'm growing weary of people saying PL clubs / players should all help these chronically mismanaged basket-case clubs out financially. Its a nonsense. Should the PL have had a collective whip-round to help bail out Leeds or Portsmouth when they were on their uppers ? Should they buffalo.

There needs to be far greater scrutiny of owners and potential owners, and how they fund the clubs they control. But every football club is a business, and businesses have to be run properly and stand on their own two feet, without relying on handouts from the solvent ones higher up the league.

I am annoyed in this case that the PL is being blamed more than the EFL when it is the EFL that should have stopped an owner taking over a club who has liquidated 43 out of 51 businesses he has been associated with and broke the rules of the CVA voting.

EFL clubs are selling their grounds to avoid FFP penalties and now loan them, It could get a lot worse over the next few years. That really doesnt sound like a sensible thing to be doing in the current climate.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To go in to that prick Steve Dale's pockets.
If every premier league player d asked to donate 6000 (about 10% of the average weekly wage) it would raise 3000000 (have a whip round one night even get more. Steve Dale can **** right off with his 1 pound back. Then pay off the huge contracts to get the club back to a positive running cost. Then set up a fans trust to run the club until they decide on a decent owner. If clubs chip in too the figure is even less.

Everyone gets paid, the Bury community get their club back and their employees get paid. Premier League players are given the opportunity to give back to the game that has given them so much.

Now set up a fund that takes 0.5% of players wages for the next time a club gets shafed like Bury. Or even better use it to pay the court costs of the EFL standing up to shoddy owners that start paying stupid wages or asset strip.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Joined Inter on a season long loan, Inter paying 25% of his wages or £100k, so Man U subsidising £300k of his wages to play there less than Liverpool pay weekly for Mo Salah.

When we had Wayne Bridge a few years ago, we were apparently paying him 10K a week while his club (Citeh? Chelski? I forget) were paying him 90K. Similar mad split when Leeds loaned out Robbie Fowlers somewhere.

And it is Alec. In this context. Top work as always [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. The Clive Anderson of NSC :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When we had Wayne Bridge a few years ago, we were apparently paying him 10K a week while his club (Citeh? Chelski? I forget) were paying him 90K. Similar mad split when Leeds loaned out Robbie Fowlers somewhere.

And it is Alec. In this context. Top work as always [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. The Clive Anderson of NSC :thumbsup:

Bridge was on loan to us from City.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Its nothing to do with what PL clubs pay their players. Bury FC ****ed themselves when their owner put a load of 4th division players on ludicrous contracts of £6k, 7k, 8k a week, at a club that barely draws 5,000 fans through the gate. £9m of unservicable debt ensued.

Who exactly should be paying to keep Bury FC going ?
Why not give the top end of football the opportunity to give a little back. Football finances need to be a little more evenly distributed so owners don't have to gamble the future of their clubs to succeed. (how much were we paying to get into the premier league?). Then the FA, premier league and EFL need to grow themselves some balls and put some rules and sanctions in place to protect clubs. Football as a whole needs to come together and sort this shit out.

IMHO of course.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Also I hate reading that 'well, you fans were loving it when your club was doing well, on money you never had'. The fans have no say. But we are selective over this...depending on the club.

Leeds got to the CL semi, and later the club nearly went under. Nobody blames the Leeds fans (salt of t'earth, etc). On the other hand (be honest) when Pompey collapsed plenty on here mocked their fans (because we 8 Pompey, especially Mr Portsmouth with his soppy tats).

It really isn't the fans' fault. Not even the sons and daughetrs of Alice, when the Nigels finally sink back into impecunity and the cess pit of the lower divisions where they belong. Apart from Dougie Richt Stuff, obvs, who ought to be on perpetual fire.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why not give the top end of football the opportunity to give a little back. Football finances need to be a little more evenly distributed so owners don't have to gamble the future of their clubs to succeed. (how much were we paying to get into the premier league?). Then the FA, premier league and EFL need to grow themselves some balls and put some rules and sanctions in place to protect clubs. Football as a whole needs to come together and sort this shit out.

IMHO of course.

So what would the likes of Stewart Day or Steve Dale have done with an extra million or so sprinkled down from the "top end of football" straight into the coffers (ie theirs) of Bury FC ? Or Bill Archer ?

Grateful recipients I'm sure, but I'd bet my left bollock it wouldn't have stopped those clubs folding. At least not before those shysters had slung their hook. Give them a million pound bailout, and within a year they'd have spunked another million on top chasing the dragon. Its is NOT the responsibilty of solvent clubs to bail out the basket-cases.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

IMHO of course.

Football has become GoT, the authorities in charge are little more than a cost saving to be had. Disband the lot and start again.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So what would the likes of Stewart Day or Steve Dale have done with an extra million or so sprinkled down from the "top end of football" straight into the coffers (ie theirs) of Bury FC ? Or Bill Archer ?

Grateful recipients I'm sure, but I'd bet my left bollock it wouldn't have stopped those clubs folding. At least not before those shysters had slung their hook. Give them a million pound bailout, and within a year they'd have spunked another million on top chasing the dragon. Its is NOT the responsibilty of solvent clubs to bail out the basket-cases.

They would never get their grubby little mitts on any of it. I would suggest a proper fit and proper persons test and insist that the powers that be don't turn a blind eye to what is going on in their watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here