Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldi. Red wine @ £3.99

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As a rule prefer white to red,however Aldi's red Spanish TORO LOCO TEMPRANILLO was awarded a silver medal by judges at the International wine and spirit competition. To be fair to Aldi (for me) Aldi do have a decent range of lager's. :thumbsup:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
As a rule prefer white to red,however Aldi's red Spanish TORO LOCO TEMPRANILLO was awarded a silver medal by judges at the International wine and spirit competition. To be fair to Aldi (for me) Aldi do have a decent range of lager's. :thumbsup:
Why did you type an apostrophe between the r and s in "lagers"? Normally the fabled greengrocer's apostrophe is only applied when the noun ends in a vowel - eg "tomato's" or "banana's" . So, why did you not also type "judge's"?

I've never understood the rules for erroneous use of gratuitous punctuation. Maybe the close season provides an ideal opportunity for everybody to widen their appreciaton of this complex linguistic art.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Why did you type an apostrophe between the r and s in "lagers"? Normally the fabled greengrocer's apostrophe is only applied when the noun ends in a vowel - eg "tomato's" or "banana's" . So, why did you not also type "judge's"?

I've never understood the rules for erroneous use of gratuitous punctuation. Maybe the close season provides an ideal opportunity for everybody to widen their appreciaton of this complex linguistic art.

I agree it's perverse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here