Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldershot v Brighton 2000/2001

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Yes, full of attacking play. Despite only playing one up front, goals were contributed from all over the pitch. That game illustrates my point with 2 defenders (Watson 2pens, Wicks), 2 midfielders (Carpenter, Oatway) and 1 striker (Zamora) getting the goals. The team may have been set up with a defensive bias, but they were not afraid to attack.

By comparison this season, we play 1 up front and seem to be reliant on keeping things tight defensively, nicking a goal, then shutting up shop. This has given us a great clean sheet record (18 so far), but there have only been 9 games this season where we have scored more than 1, compared to 32 in which we have either scored 0 or 1. Hardly sets the league alight. There has been little contribution on the scoresheet from all over the pitch and our lone striker has only 9 goals to his name (admittedly from only around 20 games).

I just wish we would just take games by the scruff of the neck and bang in some goals like the team of 2000/1!

We had 2 up front - as we should now. Hart was the second striker.

I took my American ex girlfriend to this. The only game of football she has ever seen stood on the open terrace. She was a big Washington Redskins fan and thought that Aldershot's cheerleaders were hilarious in the pouring rain. Still....if you see only going to see one Albion game, this wasn't a bad one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here