Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldershot Town enter administration

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The football radio coverage is for Radio Sussex & Surrey although Aldershot is in Hampshire which is just like Meridian covering Reading and Oxford

So why don't Aldershot get coverage on radio Hampshire or Solent or Portsmouth or whatever local radio is called in that area. It's very frustrating on the way home listening to radio Sussex and quite honestly if there was fair coverage we would receive about 90 per cent of the time with the other time going to smaller local clubs.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
So why don't Aldershot get coverage on radio Hampshire or Solent or Portsmouth or whatever local radio is called in that area. It's very frustrating on the way home listening to radio Sussex and quite honestly if there was fair coverage we would receive about 90 per cent of the time with the other time going to smaller local clubs.

Well luckily for you if the club doesn't survive this massive injustice will be addressed!!!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sad news, like one or two on here, Aldershot Town are my second team as I'm from round there originally. I go to see them once a year, this season for the victory over Oxford United. They have a small but very dedicated group of supporters. Tis a sad day as I fear they may go under again. That said, the finding of the holy grail was not as good as the searching last time round.

Not my second team,but always liked the East Bank.http://apply.ovoenergycareers.co.uk/vacancies/#results

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well luckily for you if the club doesn't survive this massive injustice will be addressed!!!

It's got nothing to do with my opinion of Aldershot town football club. I wish them every success and certainly do not have any ill will towards them. I was responding to another poster who brought up the ridiculous fact that they share an almost equal footing with us on the local radio station.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
It's got nothing to do with my opinion of Aldershot town football club. I wish them every success and certainly do not have any ill will towards them. I was responding to another poster who brought up the ridiculous fact that they share an almost equal footing with us on the local radio station.

You are 100% right of course. It's been an emotional couple of days as my dad is distraut and to be honest I'm pretty upset myself. A forum is the last place you should be when you are feeling a bit over emotional. A big apology from me. It was a stupid and unneccessary comment!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are 100% right of course. It's been an emotional couple of days as my dad is distraut and to be honest I'm pretty upset myself. A forum is the last place you should be when you are feeling a bit over emotional. A big apology from me. It was a stupid and unneccessary comment!

No problem mate. It's a small thing. The radio coverage is a point of irritation for many Albion fans but unimportant in the greater scheme of things. However Aldershot's plight is another matter and I hope that somehow they manage to survive.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Regard's to your Dad i'm a 30 year supporting Shot's fan and i can't belive this sh1t is happening again.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
It may not be all bad. I used to watch them years ago
on a Friday night before seeing the Albion on the Saturday. I remember when they went out the league that it seemed to rally folk. I once travelled to Barton Rovers on a spare Saturday to see them win a Rymans Division 3 match in front of one man and his dog plus 400 Shots fans. Im not convinced it's over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here