Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alcohol at Man City game

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Why? Can't people manage without alcohol for one afternoon? We are there for the football first and foremost Soft drinks/snacks etc. can be purchesed at the kiosks anyway, simply take them to your seat to consume.

Where did I mention alcohol?

My suggestion was somewhat tongue in cheek, however, the system works well enough in the USA and we hear much these days about the 'matchday experience'. Mine would certainly be improved with less exposure to queues.

Also, given the ongoing concerns about mingling inside, I don't think it's completely outlandish.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Where did I mention alcohol?

My suggestion was somewhat tongue in cheek, however, the system works well enough in the USA and we hear much these days about the 'matchday experience'. Mine would certainly be improved with less exposure to queues.

Also, given the ongoing concerns about mingling inside, I don't think it's completely outlandish.

My remark about alcohol wasn't really directed at you, moreover at plenty of other posters who seem somewhat taken aback that alcohol isn't going to be available.

As for "in seat service" at games, that may well work very well if you are a New York Yankees fan or the like, but for some reason that idea just doesn't sit naturally for me if you are watching footie in this country.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
My remark about alcohol wasn't really directed at you, moreover at plenty of other posters who seem somewhat taken aback that alcohol isn't going to be available.

As for "in seat service" at games, that may well work very well if you are a New York Yankees fan or the like, but for some reason that idea just doesn't sit naturally for me if you are watching footie in this country.

Fair comment. I fully accept it's something that would divide opinion.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Why? Can't people manage without alcohol for one afternoon? We are there for the football first and foremost Soft drinks/snacks etc. can be purchesed at the kiosks anyway, simply take them to your seat to consume.

I don't think its unreasonable for people to be interested in having a couple of beers. Many wouldn't have got to any of the Chelsea, Southampton or Sheff Utd games so are seeing an Albion game for the first time in over a year (which I'd imagine for many people is the longest gap since they started going to football), some will be seeing friends for the first time in that year, and having a beer is part of the day for many.

I get your point but I don't think anyone is kicking off about not having alcohol, but I would certainly have liked to have had a pint before and at half time with friends.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
So for a change, and that’s where the tickets were, we are guesting in the West Stand in Harvey’s Lounge. Does that count as 1901 Club or is it Diet Pepsi.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Royal Sussex is going to be inundated with cases of the DT's:

Delirium Tremens
Alcohol is a depressant, which means that it slows down the central nervous system. Chronic, heavy alcohol use can create changes in how the brain works, including how the brain's chemical messengers function. When alcohol consumption suddenly stops, the brain continues working in the state it has become used to, leading to symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here