Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat
Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth

RaphaelMeade

Aug 30, 2011
Lo-fi twisted pop, genre defining - Gareth Williams & Mary Currie - Flaming tunes. Recently re-released on Blackest Ever Black.

just back from a Guinness session down the road, stuck the pod on loud n proud as they say and the first half a dozen tracks are from

Moby Play

Bluetones Expecting to Fly

Scritti Poliiti White Bread Black Beer

Sex Pistols Never Mind BolIocks

Sparks Kimono My House

Happy Mondays Pills Thrills n Bellyaches

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Totally agree. And to give everyone an idea of how out-there this band was take look at the musical landscape of the time. Here is the top 10 the month Tago Mago was released:

1 George Harrison My Sweet Lord - Derivative, but great song from massive selling triple album.
2 Mixtures Pushbike Song - Like it or not, insanely catchy!
3 Ashton, Gardner & Dyke Resurrection Shuffle - One hit wonders, but again, very catchy. Sort of edgier Chas and Dave.
4 Supremes Stoned Love - Another fine slice of Motown pop.
5 Mungo Jerry Baby Jump - A driving follow up to In the Summertime from the bewhiskered one.
6 Judy Collins Amazing Grace - Poor mans Joni Mitchell at the time. But such a clear voice.
7 Perry Como It's Impossible - Easy listening favourite, another massive seller for him.
8 Badfinger No Matter What - I loved this band. Really had the talent to be the new Beatles.
9 Elton John Your Song - The start of it all and sounds as good now..
10 Clive Dunn Grandad - Much loved by grandparents and little children, but really awful tosh.
Interesting musical landscape - I have added my thoughts. Can were very progressive and ahead of their time, but in some respects that singles chart provided some tough competition.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tootoo greatest hits

417dE7Ev4oL.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees an album that definitely stands the test of time.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I hadn’t listened to any of my Lou Reed albums for years, so listened to a couple on Saturday, then learned of his death on Sunday. I must have had a premonition of his death.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Hardline according to..... Terence Trent D.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports