Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2015

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
For those who like a bit of post-classical chill out, Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch - Like Water Through Sand, is out on Friday.

[yt]E1GOGKvQmJg[/yt]

Whole album can be streamed here:
https://soundcloud.com/fatcatrecords/sets/emilie-levienaise-farrouch-1

Have seen somewhere that she has supported Haiku Salut which does not surprise me though they are by no means the same.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Having had a month to settle in with it Julien Baker's 'Sprained Ankle' has made a late dash for my 2015 top ten.
Anyone else given this a spin?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? I'm surprised. One of my all time favourite Brighton bands, awesome live - Guy was just dynamite as frontman.

Anyway - that's no indication to the sound of this lot tbf.

I never saw the properly live, but did listen to their stuff back in the day and probably saw them live on something. And plenty of people I know did get it.

I can't always pinpoint exactly why I can't connect with a band and they fall into this category. I didn't dislike them, more indifferent than anything negative. I'll certainly give this KrakKrak a listen though.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And continuing the local theme, we did the album launch for Ingrid Plum's 'Plangent' album a couple of weeks ago and it was one one of my favourite shows of the year by anyone. I'm not sure the record portrays to you how special her voice is but if some beautiful sung, minimal folk/ sound art sounds up your street, you should give it a go.

http://ingridplum.bandcamp.com/

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you happen to be a fan of a Springsteen-infused country rock kind of sound, then Eric Church's "Mr Misunderstood" is the album for you.

He released it with no fanfare whatsoever, with the first anyone knew of it being when members of his fan club received CD and vinyl copies of it through the post, and it's bloody superb. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here