Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have never heard of these people, but I'll give it a listen and get back to you.....

Have you heard that new Low track? I've heard it once on Marc Riley, and it was back to top form. (I don't think what they've done since Things We Lost in the Fire has been up to much.) Hopefully the new album out later on this year is of a similar standard.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Some very good some less so imho. Sounds a bit 'teen angst' at times.

If it sounds like Teen Angst by M83, I will love it. If it sounds like some generic emo band (ie soft rock masquerading as punk), less so.

Have you heard that new Low track? I've heard it once on Marc Riley, and it was back to top form. (I don't think what they've done since Things We Lost in the Fire has been up to much.) Hopefully the new album out later on this year is of a similar standard.

Haven't heard this yet. I've given up a bit on Low since The Great Destroyer, but I'm certainly willing to be impressed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never bothered with The XX, but by golly the Jamie xx album In Colour is rather damn good!

You are correct. The missus has the multi-coloured triple vinyl version as well, that's very damn good.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I was pretty impressed with it and I'm no Low fan.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'm know I'm repeating myself but this album is rather special methinks. Stand out track:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not an album but a new Elbow EP. I am an unashamed fan and care not a jot that this isn't really breaking any new ground or even particularly "alternative". I could just listen to Guy Garvey's voice forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports