Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums owned but forgotten.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sacrilege, maybe you were TOO young :smile:

I too had a few Zappa albums, and now you’ve inspired me to go rediscover them. The man was totally bizarre but the lyrics are wonderful...and very weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smZA9Jv3qH0

And there is the key, he has made some excellent albums. The last album of his I bought was about my 30th (including lots of early solo and Mothers stuff) when he had made something like 50. There is some technically brilliant noodling on some of those albums and tracks, but not likely to make my favourites list.

Live though, quite brilliant and a seriously underrated guitarist

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And there is the key, he has made some excellent albums. The last album of his I bought was about my 30th (including lots of early solo and Mothers stuff) when he had made something like 50. There is some technically brilliant noodling on some of those albums and tracks, but not likely to make my favourites list.

Live though, quite brilliant and a seriously underrated guitarist

Wow! 30 albums!

I’m a beginner and my favourite is possibly the most commercial I have heard - Overnite Sensation, love that album

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wow! 30 albums!

I’m a beginner and my favourite is possibly the most commercial I have heard - Overnite Sensation, love that album

Try the albums Apostrophe and Zoot Allures from around that time :wink:

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
For no apparent reason, I fancied listening to a bit of Billy Joel tonight and selected the album 'River of Dreams. Always enjoyed the title track, but apart from that and '2000 Years', I'm a bit shocked to find I recognise none of the other tracks and just don't remember hearing them before. 'Famous Last Words' has a familiar ring, but otherwise it's as if I never owned or played the album at all. Anyone else been through the same, slightly unnerving experience?

Joel has made some great albums, worthy of digging out again. I've never understood the criticism he gets (apart from the Uptown Girl blip, obvs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here