Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2024

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Instead of the Luton game I went to the office of Domino Records and had a play back of the new Julia Holter album with her in attendance. There were 10-15 of us in this lady's office listening and then we could talk to Julia. The office is essentially a ground floor apartment which they share with Ninja Tune. A great experience listening to and talking with Julia.

Whilst waiting I was having a nose at some Pavement albums (a band I know a lot about but have rarely if ever listened to), and the last Steve Mason album, in this lady's office and she said they were promos and could keep them.

I'm happy with how my Tuesday went.

I played that Steve Mason album loads last year the tracks with Javid Bashir are superb

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Instead of the Luton game I went to the office of Domino Records and had a play back of the new Julia Holter album with her in attendance. There were 10-15 of us in this lady's office listening and then we could talk to Julia. The office is essentially a ground floor apartment which they share with Ninja Tune. A great experience listening to and talking with Julia.

Whilst waiting I was having a nose at some Pavement albums (a band I know a lot about but have rarely if ever listened to), and the last Steve Mason album, in this lady's office and she said they were promos and could keep them.

I'm happy with how my Tuesday went.
Wow! Just wow.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Not as 'immediate' as the first album BUT it's a grower......
I don't think "immediate" is a word I'd use for any Radiohead related projects. They all tend to take a couple of listens through to really hook you.

I'm liking Read the Room and Friend of a Friend. The end of Bending Hectic is a banger.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lovely old time in Resident last night at his instore. Played about half the album and a few off American Interior and Babelsberg.
Yes, I was there too. He’s just such a lovely bloke, and what a privilege to be up close and personal with him.

I love the new album. He seems to have a never ending supply of beautiful songs and melodies.

IMG_2675.jpeg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, I was there too. He’s just such a lovely bloke, and what a privilege to be up close and personal with him.

I love the new album. He seems to have a never ending supply of beautiful songs and melodies.

View attachment 174437
I believe you were in front of Gumbo from the film ID. (I'm not a stalker, from the angle of the photo you are bloke I semi recognised and couldn't place)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bill Ryder Jones back in stock. Whilst on the Resident website I also accidentally ordered a limited edition Massive Attack x Fontaines DC x Young Fathers record.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bill Ryder Jones back in stock. Whilst on the Resident website I also accidentally ordered a limited edition Massive Attack x Fontaines DC x Young Fathers record.
Blimey that's some combination, leave some impressions when you get it!

Absolutely loving the Last Dinner Party record.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The new William Doyle (nee East India Youth) album is out today. Looking forward to listening to this.

Edit: nee, not new

Last edited:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I have been listening non stop to the debut album by Brown Horse called Reservoir. Absolutely stunning.
And when I haven't been listening to that i have been listening to Accompany by Michael Nau. Equally good.

Brown Horse at the Folklore Rooms on 12th March

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The new My Life Story album pretty good on first listen...Anyone that can cover the Stranglers and sound just as good alright by me...

Off to see them tonight at The Hope and Ruin

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is anyone one on here familiar with Oneohtrix Point Never? It’s the name used by Daniel Lopatin and he’s best described as an experimental electronic composer.

“His music has utilized tropes from various musical genres and eras, sample-based composition, and complex MIDIproduction.“

He has a substantial body of work which I need to explore but his current album is called Again. A friend recently put me onto him.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
beyond excited

I actually now realise that I need this

Incoming in May

sounds like a Tindersticks song, produced by whoever did Sufjan Stevens when he was good .... sung by Beth Gibbons.

.... which evidently is EXACTLY what I want more of

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here