Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2023

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
CASISDEAD - Famous Last Words

10/10 - do NOT listen with your kids nearby or probably even your other half. One of the best rap albums to come out of this country. Uncompromising, dark, humorous. Incredible.
Yes, I’ve been listening to this after a recommendation from @Whitechapel.

It’s rather wonderful.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
CASISDEAD - Famous Last Words

10/10 - do NOT listen with your kids nearby or probably even your other half. One of the best rap albums to come out of this country. Uncompromising, dark, humorous. Incredible.

Don’t want to jump the gun but I can genuinely see it becoming my favourite ever album once I’ve lived with it. As my profile probably suggests I’ve been a massive CAS fan for a while and this album actually surpassed even what I expected. A proper body of work.

Don’t think there’s a skip on it, but loving A Spark, Marilyn, Venom, Sugar Free & Sky Dive.
Yes, I’ve been listening to this after a recommendation from @Whitechapel.

It’s rather wonderful.

Glad you enjoyed!

If it’s the only full album we ever get from him then I’m glad it’s the masterpiece he always had in him.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OMD - Bauhaus Staircase - 95 ou of 100. Probably their best ever Album

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm behind with this one (as I am with most album releases these days) because it was released last year, but Riderless Horse by Nina Nastasia is one of the most profound albums I've listened to. I rarely focus on lyrics, but these are compelling. It's another Albini production/'engineering' (all, if not most, of her work is), and it's strip-backed, just an acoustic guitar and her voice throughout. If all of this is not for you, ignore; if it is, dive in. I'd say it's best listened to alongside the below article, although which you tackle first is up to you:

See also:

I have been listening to this album a lot recently. It’s lyrically quite difficult in parts if you know the background , and strangely uplifting in others. Thanks for putting me onto this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have been listening to this album a lot recently. It’s lyrically quite difficult in parts if you know the background , and strangely uplifting in others. Thanks for putting me onto this.
Yes, haven't listened to it for a while, so will go back to it. Been listening to False Lankum and Follakzoid V a lot -- both mighty fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here