Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No self-respecting EPL footie fan should be without this, out in May.

Jam packed full of classic trax, guaranteed to get you in the mood for the Euros and get ANY party started.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

:goal:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No self-respecting EPL footie fan should be without this, out in May.

Jam packed full of classic trax, guaranteed to get you in the mood for the Euros and get ANY party started.

View attachment 135768

View attachment 135769

:goal:

Expanded since the last one, whilst retaining some familar 'favourites'....

footie.jpg

1 Queen – We Are The Champions
2 Baddiel*, Skinner* & Lightning Seeds – Three Lions '98
3 Fat Les – Vindaloo
4 New Order – World In Motion
5 Chumbawamba – Tubthumping
6 England Supporters Band – Great Esacpe 2000 (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels mix)
7 The Piranhas – Tom Hark
8 Madness – One Step Beyond
9 The 5.6.7.8's – Woo Hoo
10 Fat Les – Jerusalem
11 The Farm – All Together Now
12 U2 – Beautiful Day
13 1970 England World Cup Squad* – Back Home
14 The Tony Hatch Orchestra* – Sportsnight
15 Keith Mansfield – Grandstand
16 Keith Mansfield – The Big Match Theme
17 Andrew Oldham Orchestra* – The Last Time
18 Luciano Pavarotti – NessunDorma (From Italia '90)
19 Hermes House Band – Football Megamix (The XXL Party Version)

This one is better, mind... https://www.discogs.com/Various-Beautiful-Game/release/780673

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Spoilt for choice right now.

London Grammar (if you like that sort of stuff), Jon Hopkins Piano Versions, Sarah Neufeld releasing singles prior to the album in a couple of weeks but best of all is The Wind by Balmorhea.

Beautiful.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have Simultonality which is great and had Mandatory Reality on my ‘to buy’ list but never got round to it. This sounds interesting with Evan Parker alongside.

Descension is mesmerising! The Gimbri is trance like throughout, just like in Gnawa music, and then Evan Parker just wanders all over the place taking us to all sorts of dizzy heights. The whole piece is just brilliant!

It's essentially trance music for the soul for me. Gives me the same feelings I get when listening to the best Qawalli, Tarantella and Gnawa music.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've heard the new Royal Blood album. It's the best thing they've done, by some distance.

Daft Punk meets AC/DC would be a fairly apt descriptor.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The new Sons of Kemet single is a cracker and there's an album to follow, deliciously entitled Black to the Future. Can't wait to see them play it live.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Take a top Malian kora player, add the LSO with a fantastic arrangement and you create an incredible treat.

Found this by accident, lovely.

View attachment 136188

Try to listen to - New Ancient Strings...by Toumani Diabate and Ballake Sissoko. It's a masterpiece!

It's called New Ancient Strings as they grew up as neighbours and their fathers recorded the original... Ancient Strings. That was the first ever purely kora album ever recorded in Mali. The two sons then reworked it some time later, and New Ancient Strings is the result.

I think if I could only take one album from my collection with me to my desert island. This would be it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The new Sons of Kemet single is a cracker and there's an album to follow, deliciously entitled Black to the Future. Can't wait to see them play it live.

I missed GP this week, so will have to catch up. But I have heard a few tracks from the album already on Deezer.

Brilliant as ever! Everything Shabaka Hutchins touches always turns to gold for me anyway.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Take a top Malian kora player, add the LSO with a fantastic arrangement and you create an incredible treat.

Found this by accident, lovely.

View attachment 136188

P.S. I haven't heard this album yet, but will certainly seek it out. Thanks for the heads up.

I sort of know what it'll be like, and that I'll like it. So to give you a similar suggestion, try the album - Ladilikan by Trio Da Kali and Kronos Quartet.

To be fair, Kronos Quartet rarely put out anything that isn't brilliant anyway, so you can't go wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here