Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Albion's strife with Riley" - ANaylor

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Can anyone tell me how this quote...

"I was sitting in the dugout making some notes and I did not see it happen," Wilkins said. "Until I actually look at the video I haven't got a clue. I am getting fed up talking about things like this, because I don't want to be one of those guys that makes excuses all the time."

becomes this article....

"Albion boss Dean Wilkins hit out at referee Mike Riley after substitute Tommy Fraser received a late red card. Wilkins was unhappy with the performance of Riley, a late replacement for fellow Premiership ref Mike Dean."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Unbelievable. It's a vendetta.

I'm serious: would McGhee actually WANT this? It's certainly not covering him or Naylor in much glory.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Martlet said:
Can anyone tell me how this quote...

"I was sitting in the dugout making some notes and I did not see it happen," Wilkins said. "Until I actually look at the video I haven't got a clue. I am getting fed up talking about things like this, because I don't want to be one of those guys that makes excuses all the time."

becomes this article....

"Albion boss Dean Wilkins hit out at referee Mike Riley after substitute Tommy Fraser received a late red card. Wilkins was unhappy with the performance of Riley, a late replacement for fellow Premiership ref Mike Dean."

Nice bit of editing there as Wilkins then went on to say the following which you left out -

"But, judging by the crowd's reaction, I think we've had a raw deal again. The crowd tell you the story and they voiced their opinions strongly, especially in the second half.

"There was obviously something going on and something wrong and we are not getting the rub of the green."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here