Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion's Second Half Of The Season Form

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blimey, there's some nit-picking and some dodgy maths on this thread!

No argument - we have done much better in the second half of the season, end of. Bodes well for mid-table next season. Good!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First 19 games - 3 wins and a GD of -7.

Next 18 games - 6 wins and a GD of +3.

Clearly progress has been made, a lot to be optimistic about for next season.

Interesting to see that GD improvement, shirley partly due to the impact of Sanchez.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Interesting to see that GD improvement, shirley partly due to the impact of Sanchez.

It's Goals Conceded which is the starkest impact for me - down from 29 in 19 matches to 15 in 18 matches.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's certainly a big platform to kick off from next season. But every time I've begun to think this we've managed to follow up with some cluster**** of a result so I'll try not to get too carried away!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our home form since Spurs win or this calendar year must be superb. Throw into that the Villa & scum games where we should have won by 2,3 or 4 goals too and we’ve really turned it around. Since Potter did that hotel thing wasn’t it?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When you say not too shabby, 18 points from 20 games is 0.9 ppg. For a 38 game season that is a 34 point season. It was hardly survival form at any point.

The table from the start of the calendar year shows us picking up 28 points from 21 games which is 1.3 per game or 50 for the season, it exactly matches the table for the second half of the season in terms of PPG where we have picked up 24 points from 18 games so far.

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Fair play to Bobby Sanchez.
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that.

We've had a much more settled side since Lamptey got injured. White has been superb in his position - defence. Veltman has been brilliant too. It's clicked defensively not just with the keeper.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that.

We've had a much more settled side since Lamptey got injured. White has been superb in his position - defence. Veltman has been brilliant too. It's clicked defensively not just with the keeper.

The way I see it .... we've improved despite the injury to two of our best players Lamptey and March.

The advantage of being a fairly young side means we see month on month improvement

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Your maths is wrong.

Those tables go by dates they don’t show the true picture of first half vs second half of the season as teams have played different number of games.

These show the first 19 games vs the games played in the second half of the season so far. We were just 4 pts above Fulham at the half way point. We’ve widened that gap massively in the second half of the season.

View attachment 136906

View attachment 136907

Thanks for posting that.

It really does sum up the season. From fear and despair to real hope and optimism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Are you a WBA fan or a Sheffield Utd fan? Brighton and Hove Albion earned 28 points from 21 games. :thumbsup:

The table from the start of the calendar year shows us picking up 28 points from 21 games which is 1.3 per game or 50 for the season, it exactly matches the table for the second half of the season in terms of PPG where we have picked up 24 points from 18 games so far.

I thought I was replying to someone talking about WBA form not ours.:lolol:

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Also, we played Ben White in midfield 8 times in those first 19 games.

In the 2nd half of the season he has been used exclusively in defence.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Only a few people experienced fear and despair I think. :wink:

Please don't be divisive. There was a point when a fair few people did experience something other than hope and optimism. Check some of the polls when we were at a low point and you'll find the evidence.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Please don't be divisive. There was a point when a fair few people did experience something other than hope and optimism. Check some of the polls when we were at a low point and you'll find the evidence.

I’m being divisive - I haven’t summed half the season being fear and despair! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here