Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's 'new' badge

Are you in favour of a return to the round badge?

• Yes

Votes: 476 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters

Oct 11, 2005
London
I believe that going into our new stadium we need a badge we can feel proud of. Something that binds the club together and reflects our fine history. I don't think the current shield could ever do this properly, so I believe it's time for a change, a change back to our real badge, the round one.

Speaking to lots of other Albion fans, it's becoming clearer and clearer that many people would like to see a return of the much loved round badge. To those who say a roundel isn't 'modern' enough, I say to them, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Bayern Munich - some of the biggest clubs in the world have round badges, if it works for them it will definitely work for us.

I believe the refreshed round badge would be something we could all feel proud of, proud to wear and see up in lights outside Falmer.

Bellotti, Archer and Stanley are long gone... So can we now have our badge back please?

Do you agree? Please vote for either;
a) The round badge
b) The existing shield
c) Other

There is a related movie at;
http://www.youtube.com/user/albionmatt

Many thanks..

Attachments

• Old_New.png
    Old_New.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 4,263
  • Crowd_2.png
    Crowd_2.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 4,292
  • Home_shirt.png
    Home_shirt.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 4,104
  • Away_shirt.png
    Away_shirt.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 2,545
  • Falmer.png
    Falmer.png
    295.6 KB · Views: 4,399

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
round badge all the way , always hated the shield . its like its not really our badge and signifies bad times. maybe an ask the club question

good photoshop work by the way:thumbsup:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
not sure 'who' says round isn't modern but, your right, it is better.

That kit is nice too.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Have to say, I'd rather you leave it well alone (since I had the current badge tattooed all over my leg).:wozza:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm sure the people running the Club have lots of difficult decisions to make every day.

But ditching the mickey mouse shield in favour of the round badge illustrated above is surely the easiest decision they'll ever have to make.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
That round badge looks really nice actually, something good and traditional, I dont mind the current badge, but the round one does look pretty nice

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Love the round badge, love the look in the eyes of the seagull, the one in the round looks mean and driven the one in the shield has this pregnant "What... me?" look about it.

Anyway, round all the way!

(Even if I do have the shield as my avatar)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Great effort. Much, much beter than the current badge which I actualy quite like.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Grrrrrrr I voted for the present badge, which i have always liked but then i scrolled down and you have made a splendid effort.......i like it too.....although would like to see "The Seagulls" included on the badge:thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I want a more ferocious looking seagull!

n42113216919_4731.jpg
400_F_7826917_ko4xq0oIk3jibyUg7bHtqT9dU8ivZ0HA.jpg

400_F_11556805_0R6BvkhNzaX2WAsscrTqRaXlxwJnk7Xa.jpg
3514715883_b86dece8a4.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here