Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's BEST ever January signing

Who is Albion's BEST ever January signing?

• Leonardo Ulloa (Jan 2013)

Votes: 32 11.4%
  • Dale Stephens (Jan 2014)

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • Anthony Knockaert (Jan 2016)

Votes: 168 59.8%
  • Jurgen Locadia (Jan 2018)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tariq Lamptey (Jan 2020)

Votes: 52 18.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Knockaert (just) because he transformed the side from nearly men to promotion contenders, and because I can only vote for one. If I could add another it would be Dale Stephens - 200 apps, the key central midfielder for us for almost his entire time with us. People forget how critical he was once they decided that he wasn't good enough. Short memories.

Lamptey is outstanding but can he really be our best ever signing when he's only played 9 times and been missing through injury for 7?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I voted Knockers as he took us to the next level, however there was time when we couldn't buy a win without stephens in the side.

Both of these are well ahead of everyone else on the list. Not much between the two.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I voted Ulloa, selling him coincided with our biggest dip since Bloom has been involved. Apart from that we have been improving at almost every stage

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We're choosing between very, very good signings here. No need for anyone to diminish any of them to further the argument for the one they like more ..... not that anyone on here would do that

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I expect Tariq will be if this poll is held again in 2-3 years time but for now, has to be Knocky. Huge impact and a significant influence on our promotion season.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
If what I have just read is correct the summer / winter transfer window has been in operation since 2002/2003 season
Seems odd thinking back to when players were transferred between clubs up until the end of March each year

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Voted Knocky, for the immediate impact/transformational aspects, but DS was very close and as others have said, he was so important to us for so long. His partnership with Kayal was great to watch and people forget how good we was going forward. The combination of the two at Selhurst was a wonderful, final example..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could make a case for any of them (except Locadia) but one vote for Ulloa from me. We signed an unknown (unknown to a vast majority of us anyway) striker from overseas who scored goals - gave us a real boost at the time. And we made a decent profit on him too!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hughton
Knocky
Stephens
Ulloa
King Kayal
Lamptey.

In that order for me.

Edit, Technically Hughton was a December singing, as he joined December 31st, but, close enough.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Hughton
Knocky
Stephens
Ulloa
King Kayal
Lamptey.

In that order for me.

Edit, Technically Hughton was a December singing, as he joined December 31st, but, close enough.

This is the correct order but got to scrap CH from that list due to the mentioned technicality.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Knocky - that magic which turned games, makes me more sad that he was binned off by potter without a chance. He was certainly not our worst player in the 2 PL seasons he played under Hughton but an easy victim of the new regime. I know people will say look at him now but personally i think that was as a direct consequence of being let go and that destroyed the arrogance that he had which made him such a good player for us.

We could do with him now with the Crystal Palace away type go - run , beat players and shoot on target.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Hughton
Knocky
Stephens
Ulloa
King Kayal
Lamptey.

In that order for me.

Agree with this (Hughton's inclusion notwithstanding). I'm very surprised that Stephens is behind Lamptey and Ulloa in the voting. He was immense for us for years. And there was a long stretch during our promotion season where there was a direct correlation between Stephens playing and us winning. I voted Knocky because of his instant impact, but there's a big case to be made for Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here