Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So £8m has been posted on NSC. Where did we get that figure from?
We can't be making an £8m loss, that would be mental. Paying off loans, buying players etc, doesn't count as expenses.

Tomorrows program, the figure doesn't include loan repayments according to those more financially clued up than I.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
By the end of this year the club estimates another similar loss to the £8m last year which would possibly suggest recurring expenses.

Surely greater expenses, our income this season is surely higher?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you click on the link in my sig I've got some quotes from Bloom and Barber from the programme.

1. Richie - you're getting very, very spammy now.

2. Some of us considered it not wise to post great swathes of the programme cos the club want people to buy the programme to help with the loss we're all talking about.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
By the end of this year the club estimates another similar loss to the £8m last year which would possibly suggest recurring expenses.

So basically to run the Albion as a top 10 Championship club will incur a regular £8M loss per season unless new revenue streams are tapped ? Lets hope Barber has sorted out a decent shirt sponsorship deal for the next 4 years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So basically to run the Albion as a top 10 Championship club will incur a regular £8M loss per season unless new revenue streams are tapped ? Lets hope Barber has sorted out a decent shirt sponsorship deal for the next 4 years.

A national sponsor,
Getting a bigger share of the catering post azure
The larger capacity including far more 1901ers and 6 new exec boxes
And cut the vast army of staff (in the autumn 2011 hype, the club boasted on local tv stations that directly and indirectly the Amex had created 1,000 permanent full and part time posts). It sounded great at the time, but that costs, hence the losses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I don't think so. There were a lot of one off costs incurred when moving from Withdean to The Amex which by definition will not be repeated, however my understanding is that there was poor overall cost control on the NON-PLAYING budget, which led to the appointment of some of TB's right hand men and Paul Barber.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But he still has a value, and remains in the asset column.

Not at the end of his contract. His fee is effectively split into four quarters and one of these is transferred from the balance sheet to the profit and loss account each year.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well if £125m has to be repaid interest free by 2023, the club is repaying TB around £900k a month

How many more times must you spout this clueless bollocks. LOAN REPAYMENTS DO NOT AFFECT PROFITS AND WILL NOT ARISE FOR A MINIMUM OF TEN YEARS ANYWAY. Do you have a GCSE in Thickology?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here