Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
So £8m has been posted on NSC. Where did we get that figure from?
We can't be making an £8m loss, that would be mental. Paying off loans, buying players etc, doesn't count as expenses.

The figure came from a direct quote from TB in tomorrow's programme

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Although we're all now paying a "travel voucher" element as part of the ST or matchday ticket the club could still be subsidizing the transport costs by over £1M. The electricity costs must be phenomenal with prices shooting up by double digits. The residents parking scheme for Coldean and Moulsecoombe on matchdays and big events is going to cost the club about £200k a year as their contribution. How much revenue did Azure lose when they buggered up the catering ?

All valid points but I fear the travel costings there are conservative. I think we'll all be amazed. As for Azure, I was told on good authority they have made an absolute shocker of it. Again, on good authority, Barber was having talks with them from the start of the season right up until he ("finally") got the green light to terminate them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. The only conclusion you can make is that paying off loans, buying players etc is included in that figure... obviously

Loan repayments to tb have nil effect on the p&l.

Buying players fees like the well spent £2.5m (rising to £3.25m) on cms, are written off to the p&l over the contract term eg 4 years in 4 equal hits to the p&l.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not trolling here but you spent £2-3million on CMS (Not including his wages). That should have been a concern.

It didn't raise any concern at the time because it was part of the overall players budget for the season. Most managers are given a war chest to bring in better players. Sometimes you strike gold and it pays off and sometimes you end up with a labrador.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All valid points but I fear the travel costings there are conservative. I think we'll all be amazed. As for Azure, I was told on good authority they have made an absolute shocker of it. Again, on good authority, Barber was having talks with them from the start of the season right up until he ("finally") got the green light to terminate them.

All the fans travelling for nothing last season deprived the club of roughly £500k as they took the piss and "saved themselves" £30.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't read the article in the programme, but does it state this £8m figure is from the p&l or is this just an assumption people are making?

Well ahead of Naylor, it was revealed on here we are heading for a multi £m loss for 2011/12.

Will have to wait to see the accounts to see if its as much as £8m.

Normally the Albion file the accounts as late as possible (easter-ish), despite the directors and shareholders having them months before.

I wonder if tomorrow's early announcement is to soften the blow.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He's not being repaid. He's pumping in more for the build to 30,750 and Lancing.

Both these costs, and tbs loans paying for it are all balance sheet items with little effect on the loss.

With the training ground TB will have pumped in £150M , that's not including what he shoved in during the Withdean years to keep the club from going under.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Loan repayments to tb have nil effect on the p&l.

Buying players fees like the well spent £2.5m (rising to £3.25m) on cms, are written off to the p&l over the contract term eg 4 years in 4 equal hits to the p&l.

But he still has a value, and remains in the asset column.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Until the accounts are gone through with a fine tooth-comb we won't know where the losses have been specifically incurred.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Haven't read through everything but I can imagine the stadium expansion being cheap!! Is that included in the loss? Also what about the training ground or is that completely separate?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The accounts can't come soon enough to settle this confusion.

Whatever the technicalities, loan repayments are an expenditure in the same way repaying mortgages are for individuals. It's money that the club needs to pay out throughout the year and would counter any revenue, even if not on the balance sheets.

But tb simply isn't repaying himself, due to the reverse .... He's pumping money in for the stadium refit, lancing, and to cover the much discussed operating losses.

Due to his generosity, the club have no bank borrowing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here