Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm concerned about pricing, how the club sell tickets and why we aren't making a stonking great profit seeing as these are undoubtedly the 'good times'. I've commented on these in the past and probably will do again and if that makes me a 'moaner' then so be it.

Likewise, these are indeed the good times, and if we can't make a profit now, will we ever, unless we get promoted?

With income from STs exceeding 10 million a year, and matchday ticket sales bringing in another 2 million, plus a huge profit from food and drink sales etc I struggle to see how we made an 8 million pound loss last season.

Are our wages that high? I was told we were mid table as far as wages were concerned. How the hell are other clubs surviving.

I guess it's Premier League or bust for a fair few clubs this year.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Because unless you are on the board and know all the facts and figures from the balance sheet, what has been forcast and what in real terms these losses mean to the club, it will turn you grey worrying about it! I prefer to carry on supporting the team, doing my bit paying my money to the club and then hoping those in charge know what they are doing. (Although always having at the back of my mind memories of previous people in charge!)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Everything we (as fans) have done has way exceeded expectations. We've bought many more season tickets that the club was expecting, the corporate areas are way bigger than they thought, we eat more pies and drink more beer that anyone could have guessed at, more replica kits.......the list goes on. I hate to think how much the club would have lost (and how much they would have whined) if things had gone according to their original plan/estimates. Give me a break.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Sorry and its not that I dont trust you but I dont understand why I shouldn't worry that we lost 8m?

Because unless you are on the board and know all the facts and figures from the balance sheet, what has been forecast and what in real terms these losses mean to the club, it will turn you grey worrying about it! I prefer to carry on supporting the team, doing my bit paying my money to the club and then hoping those in charge know what they are doing. (Although always having at the back of my mind memories of previous people in charge!)

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Can't be arsed to read 10 pages of guff, so this may have already been dealt with........but how much of the 'loss' is actually money going back to Uncle Tone??? So I. Business terms, yes on paper its a loss......but in reality????

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Everything we (as fans) have done has way exceeded expectations. We've bought many more season tickets that the club was expecting, the corporate areas are way bigger than they thought, we eat more pies and drink more beer that anyone could have guessed at, more replica kits.......the list goes on. I hate to think how much the club would have lost (and how much they would have whined) if things had gone according to their original plan/estimates. Give me a break.

I can't eat anymore pies or drink I'm consuming at the moment. They said to break even then we need 15,000 and been getting record attendances every game last season and we're still breaking records this year thats with out cup games. What else do the club want us to do?

We might as well pack up and go home if we're losing £8 million a year.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
There are some quotes from tomorrow's programme from Bloom and Barber on my blog.

http://tinyurl.com/au85zmm

I don't think Bloom would do anything to put our long term future at risk.

Four pages on it in the programme which, for anyone who can't wait until tomorrow, can be downloaded now.

An interesting read, thanks for that.

I am pleased to see that Bloom mentions the interest free STs, can't see that being withdrawn after his comments in tomorrows programme.

Sponsored Stands, new short sponsors (I would expect a MAJOR company, or even different ones for home and away shirts as per Spurs) 3 new shirts next season.

(would rather it wasn't a gambling company, but I expect it will be)

I am Hoping for ST price increases to be no more than inflation (unless we were to go up) as most people have had little or no Salary increases in the last two years.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't be arsed to read 10 pages of guff, so this may have already been dealt with........but how much of the 'loss' is actually money going back to Uncle Tone??? So I. Business terms, yes on paper its a loss......but in reality????

None of it

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Surely this is just the stadium cost being spread.

Without the detailed figures its v difficult to comment on this £8m figure - if thats a n £8m defecit purely based on running costs then we've got a problem, if it factors in a significant loan repayment %age to TB then Im less worried.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Surely this is just the stadium cost being spread.

Without the detailed figures its v difficult to comment on this £8m figure - if thats a n £8m defecit purely based on running costs then we've got a problem, if it factors in a significant loan repayment %age to TB then Im less worried.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
So none if the so called 'loss' is the loan being repaid? WTF! 25,000 per home game and still losing £8m? How do Watford/Ipswich/Bristol chuffing City survive then?????? I think someone is being creative with the accounting.......

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If none of these losses are down to the stadium then it really can only be down to exorbitant player wages. I think this FFL is gonna be a really good thing for football in general....although not for players. I think yheir gravy train is about to end. If we are making losses then lord knows what other clubs with out parachute payments must be making

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports