Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albiongreatest@theargus.co.uk - Centre backs

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
How on earth fans of all ages can vote objectively on this I don't know. I don't know what the age profile of our fans is, but most will not know anything of the fifties, sixties and seventies, and a lot won't remember the 80s. The poll is just the Argus trying to fill space with more meaningless rubbish.

Greer and Upson would have to win due to my age. Based on what he achieved both with us and later in his career Lawrenson would be the obvious choice but given he'd been retired for several years before I was even born it would be disingenuous for me to vote Lawro!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
True but it was in what is now League 1 where as Foster and Lawrenson played for us at the top level.

I never saw us in top tier so can't comment but yes, I would imagine those two were a class above.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thankfully Fozzie did come back to play and he was quite good then so I can see why in his POMP he would be many peoples faves.

Lawro I remember seeing once at the Goldstone in a friendly (Moseley testimonial?) and could see why people raved about him but sadly before my time.

For me the best centre backs have been Fozzie 2nd time, Larry May, Keith Keith Keith Dublin, Simon Morgan and Upson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here