Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion women

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Since the Leicester City game on the 17th November (which was a lucky win), I think the record is P:10, W:1, D:1, L:8. GF: 3, GA: 24 (I await correction but that's what I worked out from a quick glance at recent results). That is 'wheels coming off' big time.

I too would like to hear the comments from people like Zeetha who watch on a regular basis, but yeah, people have been sacked for less. Certainly if the slump continues its hard to see her surviving for next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Weird comment... Would that be the Emma Hayes that's won?:

FA Women's Super League (4): 2015, 2017–18, 2019–20, 2020–21
Women's FA Cup (3): 2014–15, 2017–18, 2020–21
FA Women's League Cup (2): 2019–20, 2020–21
Women's FA Community Shield (1): 2020

That would include a domestic treble last season I see.

With significant investment, and got slaughtered in the CL as well as losing to Hope Powell.

Erm, yes….

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Still waiting to hear opinions of regular watchers. Apart from good defensive display against Chelsea we seem to be beaten so easily every week. Havent we signed several players this season which was supposed to strengthen us. Big talk of us paying a fee for first time but she never seems to score.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not a regular watcher. But fully aware Tony Bloom has set them a goal to become an established top 4 side and with that in mind I'd say Hope's days are numbered.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
As a regular watcher, this bad run is something that we have seen in recent seasons, but its never gone on this long. Its hard to put a finger on what has changed, but we seem to have lost all confidence and be a step slow. Whilst we are in no danger of being relegated this season (at the moment) as Birmingham are the likely team to go down, Powells job is absolutely on the line here. We need leaders to step up during the game, and we just don't seem to have them - letting in one goal can quickly lead to three but we have shown that we can do better (recent result against Chelsea for example where Walsh made several saves and we defended stoutly).

We moved into the new Womens training area at Lancing in September and just over a month later started losing - maybe the team are feeling the pressure of increased expectation, or they've lost fight as things are too easy now? Only they know...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
As a regular watcher, this bad run is something that we have seen in recent seasons, but its never gone on this long. Its hard to put a finger on what has changed, but we seem to have lost all confidence and be a step slow. Whilst we are in no danger of being relegated this season (at the moment) as Birmingham are the likely team to go down, Powells job is absolutely on the line here. We need leaders to step up during the game, and we just don't seem to have them - letting in one goal can quickly lead to three but we have shown that we can do better (recent result against Chelsea for example where Walsh made several saves and we defended stoutly).

We moved into the new Womens training area at Lancing in September and just over a month later started losing - maybe the team are feeling the pressure of increased expectation, or they've lost fight as things are too easy now? Only they know...

As a regular watcher, who would you rate as our best players? And do you share my opinion that the goalkeeper is terrible, or am I being harsh?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
As a regular watcher, who would you rate as our best players? And do you share my opinion that the goalkeeper is terrible, or am I being harsh?

She can be a bit inconsistent, but think you are a bit harsh on Walsh. She is quite a good goalie, but isn't the tallest (in common with most women goalkeepers) and we haven't been very solid defensively which doesn't help.

As to our best players - in my opinion, Le Tissier and Koivisto in (ironically given our recent form) defence, Whelan and Symonds in midfield, and Carter in attack. I also rate Green (midfield), Gibbons (defence) and Brazil (attack), though they don't always get in the starting squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here