Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion women

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
She's been through spells like this before, losing a run of games. I fancy she'll ride it out. The girlies just lack consistency that's all.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Looks pretty similar to the men's team last night

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Although I tend to agree, I think Hope Powell is seen as one of the top coaches nationally…..

Probably ‘was’ but think womens football has moved on now and she’s a bit last generation

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Strange, we seemed to be on a good path, can’t understand how it’s all gone t1t5 up recently.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Every time I watch them on the box , the team play dull , uninspiring, defensive football , a bit like CH last season ,
Time to get a more progressive coach

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
A strong start to the season which was out of character, now shipping goals and losing games all over the place. The goalkeeper is terrible and the manager doesn't seem to like playing our best central midfielder, Emily Simpkins. Recipe for losing your job!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Possibly, but if Emma Hayes is the current ‘level’ we may be better off with Hope.

Weird comment... Would that be the Emma Hayes that's won?:

FA Women's Super League (4): 2015, 2017–18, 2019–20, 2020–21
Women's FA Cup (3): 2014–15, 2017–18, 2020–21
FA Women's League Cup (2): 2019–20, 2020–21
Women's FA Community Shield (1): 2020

That would include a domestic treble last season I see.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Several on here that are big followers and watch most games. Can we have your opinions

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
A strong start to the season which was out of character, now shipping goals and losing games all over the place. The goalkeeper is terrible and the manager doesn't seem to like playing our best central midfielder, Emily Simpkins. Recipe for losing your job!
Borrowed time or just ran her course ? You decide

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
They do play similarly to a CH mens team but Hope Powell has very limited resources compared to Chelsea, Arsenal, the two Manchester clubs and now Spurs.

For a long time Arsenal & Chelsea have been at the top of womens football. Both Manchester clubs and Spurs are now catching up because they have thrown huge wedges of cash at it. Chelsea paid a world record (but undisclosed) fee for Harder. We have only paid a fee for one player.

In the same way that our mens team don't have the resources to compete, overall, against Liverpool, Man City etc, neither do the womens side. In fact you could say they have been punching above their weight.

As for slagging off Emma Hayes :D Now there's somebody who doesn't follow, or doesn't understand, womens football. Too laughable to even bother to counter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here