Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Women

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So you can have wheelchair football, or futsal, or walking football, but if you're a woman - forget it, right?

You're not exactly making a compelling case for backing up your misogyny.

Women are adults and not disadvantaged and can organise their own football teams if they want to.

On the single criteria, that [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] used to dismiss their worth (that none of their players could ever progress to the Albion first team), yes.

Ah yes, must read posts properly before jumping in with both feet.

Although I do agree, Womens football is a bit Noddy. And yes I watch it on occasion as one of my bests mates runs a certain ladies team in Mid Sussex.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So lets get this straight. Premier League area winner gets promoted to Premier League National. Winner of Premier National goes to Super League Two, winner of Super League Two gets promoted to Super Legue One, which is top of the pile. Is this correct, I've been trying to figure it out for some time, very confusing as most things involving Women. :(

Not quite. We are top of the regional Premier League South, the winner of that gets promoted to Premier League National Division. At the moment there is no promotion to Super League Two from the Premier League, the FA are looking at bringing this in from 2016, although it will cause problems at the PL is played over winter and the SL over summer.

The pyramid looks like this

WSL1
WSL 2
WPL National
WPL Southern, WPL Northern Divisions
Northern Division 1, Midlands Divison 1, South East Division 1, South West Division 1
Lots of regional and county division.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not quite. We are top of the regional Premier League South, the winner of that gets promoted to Premier League National Division. At the moment there is no promotion to Super League Two from the Premier League, the FA are looking at bringing this in from 2016, although it will cause problems at the PL is played over winter and the SL over summer.

WSL1
WSL 2
WPL National
Northern Division 1, Midlands Divison 1, South East Division 1, South West Division 1

So presumable all the mostly EPL clubs, took on the women who were playing in America and made their own leagues up, to suit the playing seasons where these women were employed? The FA were a bit slow in responding to what was happening, as usual.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Women are adults and not disadvantaged and can organise their own football teams if they want to.

They have. With the club's support.

What a sad half-life you must lead despising the notion of women wanting to better themselves playing football with the help of a professional football club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Irrelevant. Not interested. Why do we even have a women's team? It's hardly as though we're bringing potential players through to the first team. A bunch of PC nonsense.
I don't really agree. I think it's great that the albion have a women's team, and I hope my daughter may play for them in 20 years time.

On the other hand I don't particularly want lots of tweets about the women's team coming through to my twitter feed, but maybe that's something for me to look at and assess what I'm subscribed to.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But I don't see why the club puts time and effort into running a women's team. I don't believe the majority of Albion supporters have any interest whatsoever in women's football and I don't see the upside for the club.

You wouldn't but then, with your outmoded antediluvian views and beliefs, you probably find much of the modern world rather baffling.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Are you seriously likening Albion Ladies to the Disabled, special needs Albion football teams?

No of course he wasn't and any reasonable minded person would agree with his sentiment; only a buffoon or someone being deliberately antagonistic would pose your question.

What he was doing was illustrating that there are a large number of people (mostly men) who, either through limited intellect or sociability or prejudice or misogyny, perceive something that they don't think of as the norm as some form of threat that has to be questioned or derided.

What was your motive in deliberately misinterpreting what HKFC wrote?

I don't really agree. I think it's great that the albion have a women's team, and I hope my daughter may play for them in 20 years time.

On the other hand I don't particularly want lots of tweets about the women's team coming through to my twitter feed, but maybe that's something for me to look at and assess what I'm subscribed to.

Same here, although I don't follow them on Twitter. One of the Albion team, Kirsty, has been coaching my daughter's team for the past few weeks. Youngest is over the moon to have an Albion player coaching her, she has just had her shirt autographed by her (KLL's autograph is on the other side), plus various other items, and is keen to get to the next home game at Lancing, as well as the next home game (sadly midweek ones not possible for us usually) at the Amex.

I will try and keep this thread updated with results, suggest if anyone finds the concept of an Albion Women's team abhorrent and against the natural order of things they put it on "ignore".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find womens football a bit like The Great British Bake-Off.

I am aware of its existence, I know some people enjoy it. But I am completely and utterly indifferent to it, and am slightly bemused at the amount of media coverage it seems to attract.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So presumable all the mostly EPL clubs, took on the women who were playing in America and made their own leagues up, to suit the playing seasons where these women were employed? The FA were a bit slow in responding to what was happening, as usual.

The FA run both the WSL and the WPL. They decided to go with the WSL as a summer league in an attempt to boost attendances, the winter league struggled to attract an average of 100 supporters per match, Germany and the USA get average crowds of 5000 for their woman's football. There was also hope that it might eventually lead to some clubs being able to go full-time.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
why do some men have an issue with Women's sports? There are many sports on TV that men play that I honestly could not give a toss about. I don't complain, I just do not watch them.

I watched the women's world cup this year and it was great. I know of so many of my friends who say that their daughter now watches women's football or plays for a girls team due to being inspired by those players.

My daughter races bikes and has done since she was six because of Victoria Pendleton. What is wrong with giving girls role models to be proud of, or should that just be the privilege of boys.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

WSL1
WSL 2
WPL National

There is no WPL National. Winners of southern and northern divisions play off and get promoted to WSL 2 if they fulfill certain criteria which I believe we do.

There is no WPL National. Winners of southern and northern divisions play off and get promoted to WSL 2 if they fulfill certain criteria which I believe we do.
The criteria can be baffling. I believe that one rule that applies high up the pyramid is that if your team name includes the word "Doncaster", you ain't good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here